Afterthoughts on the 3/5/06 article on "Patience"

by jojochan 27 Replies latest watchtower bible

• jojochan
    jojochan
    sometimes I wonder if Satan is writing this stuff, because any freak on the writing committee who could deliberately write such an article, knowing full well the history of the org, and it's disappointments, would have to be either high on drugs or else just pure evil.

It's like dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit and then pulling it away when the rabbit goes to bite.

Whenever I read something like that, I think satan IS. And it hurts to see the old, the young, the so-called well versed in the scriptures, "their" scriptures; have the wool pulled over their eyes. But they like it in a sado masochistic way . I thought I did, but I knew deep down something was horribly wrong. When they ask us questions like those that were mentioned in that article it punches me in the gut hard and lets me know why I don't have any desire to sit through that anymore.

I spit, not swallow since it's lukewarm and nasty to me.

The jist you ask?

KNOW YOUR PLACE....BOW YOUR HEAD GIVE OBEDIENCE WITHOUT QUESTION.(to a certain extent)

jojochan.

• watson
    watson

I hate to break it to the WTS, but there was NOT ONE person sitting through the ritual WT study yesterday at our hall that is losing patience with Jah, or, that thinks that Jah is "slow regarding his purpose." It was insulting to sit through it!

• heathen
    heathen

yah well , who was the one that kept pressing the end is near button ? The R&F or the book publishing corporation ? Who are we to be patient with , God or a book publishing corporation that continues to print false information while claiming it's the truth and from "Gods channel of communication"? Last I heard they are now editing the Daniel and Revelation books because some new light shown out their ass .

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

Wow, I really couldn't put a pin on it until you said something. That was that feeling when I left the meeting tonight. I participated and even read scriptures, but as they went through the last part of the service meeting I couldn't focus, all the words they were saying to go help people b/c its the time of the end - that is why we get all the different presentations because we're really trying to save them. Bullshit! If we are suppose to feel saved, how come I leave the meetings feeling worse than I did when I walked through the door? I have a feeling my time will be shorter than even I might think.

• jojochan
    jojochan

THOSE presentations? Those presentations already worded in THEIR words? Long ago they did'nt have that, you could at least put it in your words. The society has made it more and more easier for you not to push out a thought. They did the same thing with their public talk outline. That's why they always stressed to the elders to have a spare outline of the talk to see if the speaker stays to the outline, and not spout of words from the,"evil slave".

that is why we get all the different presentations because we're really trying to save them

I know, I used to give sunday talks.

jojochan.

• Gregor
    Gregor

Just like with our little dogs. When we rattle the car keys and get their leashes out they go bonkers. If we did it over and over but never took them for a drive to the park they would soon loose heart.

• jojochan
    jojochan
    Just like with our little dogs. When we rattle the car keys and get their leashes out they go bonkers. If we did it over and over but never took them for a drive to the park they would soon loose heart.

And when I read that article, that's what I felt like...a dog scurring around it's master for a walk outside or scraps from the dinner table.

jojochan.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

The Borg always manages to confuse (in the minds of the faithful) the words of God with thr writings of the WTS .. If we became disolusioned because we are in the second half of the first decade of the twenty first century and the New World still has not come, we took issue with the writers of the books and magazines - not the Bible which does not give any dates.

"Never concluding that he is slow in fulfilling his promises"

That was not the point. We came to a sad conclusion that the Organization that promised the end in 1914, then 1925, then on or about 1975 , now any time soon. That organization was simply wrong. It was out of step with God. It could not be directed by the Holy Spirit.. So why bother with the opinions of writers who are just men with no more insight than the rest of us?.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    They're wicked to do what they do - sometimes I wonder if Satan is writing this stuff, because any freak on the writing committee who could deliberately write such an article, knowing full well the history of the org, and it's disappointments, would have to be either high on drugs or else just pure evil.

Yes yes yes! That's it!

Josie

• jojochan
    jojochan
    That organization was simply wrong. It was out of step with God. It could not be directed by the Holy Spirit

Yes, but i have a problem when they say the light's getting brighter and brighter. And then change doctrine, and use misplaced scriptures to supprot their reasonings. I have a problem with that. Just look at the "Satan" w.t study articles, or better yet don't.

It's a waste of time.

jojochan.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit