Who here is not former Jehovah's Witness?

by omerp 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

I can proudly say that I have never been a JW and I will never be a JW.

I'm here because I'm dumb enough to be dating one (he's inactive and unbaptized) and I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

-Becka :)

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

Well I guess that makes me even dumber Becka, being married to one!!!! (also inactive, but unfortunately studying)

• hubert
    hubert

I have a sister-in-law and her family that are in it, and I only started to worry when she started to brainwash my daughters about the cult. I currently have a daughter and son-in-law involved in it, thanks to her aunt. That's why I'm here, to learn all I can about the W.T. cult.

Hubert

• justsomedude
    justsomedude

Not a former jdub yet, but after this month I should be officially inactive! Weeee!

JSD

• prophesariah
    prophesariah

Hi!

I've never been one and don't ever intend to be one. However, I am married to one who is an ex-jW. He struggles daily with issues of leaving the organization and its indoctrinations. He also has difficulty adapting to any other religious group, at this juncture.

It has been a challenging experience to have a family and be of two, somewhat, distinctively different faiths. We are both, Christians, believers in and followers of Jesus and His teachings. But our approaches, in terms of application and framework, within our religions are unlike in many areas.

He has attended several church sermons on Sundays. In addition, he has participated in a few functions, meetings, and events held by various ministries within the church. He seems to enjoy himself, for the most part, and comes away with a little different understanding each time. I'm sure it will take a while for him to adjust and feel comfortable walking in new and strangely unique territory. However, hopefully and prayerfully over time what was once unfamiliar becomes familiar.

Love/Peace/Blessings/Respect, Lenez

• Dune
    Dune

Not a former, i just think its fun in here. I Should be out by the end of 2006.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I can rightly say I was never a jehovah's witness (never got baptised) I was just raised in the madness

Josie

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I'm not a former witness. I'm an active seat filler. I reported 14 hours last month, and yeah brooklyn, you can deduct those too.

• mdb
    mdb

I have never been a JW and never will. Nothing can pluck me out of my Father's hands (a son by adoption). I sure pray that those who have been deceived will have their eyes opened and come out of that idolatrous organization.

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I've never been a dub, I just answer the door when they knock and get in long conversations with them. I have a friend who is one. I've been to the Memorial once to see how 'special' it was suppose to be. The following year I was invited again but declined because I was going to a service where we took actually partook of the emblems and acknowledge the sacrifice of the Saviour. I told my JW friend that and they didn't speak to me for a month.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit