Who here is not former Jehovah's Witness?

by omerp 36 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• bebu
    bebu

I've never-binna-dub.

I had a JW neighbor next door to us for 6 years, and I got to know her because of the wretched way the old-boys-club elders let her (now ex-)husband abuse her. I started to really get to know her when she fell apart on my doorstep one day. And I began to search the web in order to understand why there was such a big gap in her (and all JWs) thinking abilities in certain areas ... and landed here---> X on JWD.

When you lurk around awhile it starts to feel like being at "Cheers". You know everybody's name. So, you jump in and let them know yours (even if its just a user name).

bebu

• FairMind
    FairMind

I’m an active JW who is pretty fed up with the org. This forum helps me to validate that my in the WTS experiences are not unique.

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

Not a Dub and never will be!! I have a son with a former JW who then decided to go back. This has been a great source of insight & info for me.

Thanks to all!

SK

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Never a jw, nor any relatives or ancestors - some bought the neighboring property (after lying before even acquiring it), and then proceeded to viciously treat my family - I'm here as an investigation out of absolute outrage about the level of wickedness, and now for that which I find talked about here - sometimes it seems like there's no depth to it.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

What some people here aren't even baptised?! And how in the name of jah do you think you'll get through Armageddon without being dunked? Sheesus .. It's fair enough that the Brooklyn boys don't care about us clapped-out old apostates but you folks got serious door knocking potential! unc runs off to bed .. and the safety of his blanky

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    What some people here aren't even baptised?! And how in the name of jah do you think you'll get through Armageddon without being dunked? Sheesus .. It's fair enough that the Brooklyn boys don't care about us clapped-out old apostates but you folks got serious door knocking potential! unc runs off to bed .. and the safety of his blanky

i am baptised...as a christian not a jw

you can come out from under your blanky now

Josie

• Hondo
    Hondo

I was never a JW, but have know of them, and observed one of their bizzare practices (a young JW girl I knew when I was about nine years old died because her parents refused her a blood transfusion after a accident) when I was young. More recently, I lost my wife (a Japanese National) to them after 20 years of a pretty good marriage. We are now divorced (since 2003, our 20th year of marriage). I read everything I can get my hands on to try to understand what went wrong; why she decided to destroy a marriage, family, and life. Somedays I blame myself; somedays I blame her. Lately I have been blaming myself more. I must have done somthing wrong to cause her to give up so much on the twilight of us entering into our senior years (2 grown kids and not JWs). I am constantly amazed, to a very great extent, at how the WBTS/JW's has wrapped and packed her within their belief structure. I have not seen her in more than a year, but last time I did, it was all doctrine and kept telling me how I would be sorry soon. She would run down the street naked with a purple hat on yelling, "the sky is falling, the sky is falling," if she were told to, based on some biblical misinterpretation of course.

Thanks for listening.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I'm 'born in' but never baptised.

Because I have never been baptised they (and my family) have no excuse to shun me, and they don't.

That means that I still get invited to get togethers where I can say a few things about my experiences.

Someone always asks a perfect question at these events. I always answer matter of of factly, never attacking their religion, just recalling the propaganda I had instilled into me in my youth. When they are reminded of what had been said in the 60s & 70s they go into shock and come up with some very strange statements. I should carry a hidden recorder.

Cheers

Chris

• Evanescence
    Evanescence

I'm not a JW nor former JW I pop in from time to time (not as often as I used to) and lurk a little on topics of interest.

I am Christian/Catholic, what about you?

Evanescence

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's nice to see that ppl on this forum were smart enough to see through the enticing shop window of the WTS to the lies hidden behind it and never got taken in, I was a JW for a year then realised the super low spiritual and emotional and intellectual quality of the JW environment and I basically left. There was nothing there.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit