"Some" of the annointed are not yet "sealed" Huh?

by gumby 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Although they will act as though they recognize a younger one who claims to be of the little flock, they hold them in contempt( in a sorta way). They are made to feel guilty.

Indeed, the vast majority of "young anointed" are considered very suspiciously by the WT. As either mentally unstable or ambitious (or both). And the few people who would act on their personal faith and partake in the Memorial in spite of this unvoiced but well-known judgement are rightly regarded as potentially harmful from the organisation's perspective.

In short, claiming to be an "anointed" is hardly beneficial for one's "theocratic career". Only when a lifelong "servant" gets close enough to being co-opted into the Governing Body may an opportunistic "anointment for appointment" be suggested.

• gumby
    gumby

Hey Beck.....I would have liked to have you in my book study too since my audience were old bastards with a whole lotta gray hair. I mighta even had a TV goin on in the backround so you wouldn't miss ER in case we did go overtime.

Narkster,

spite of this unvoiced but well-known judgement are rightly regarded as potentially harmful from the organisation's perspective.

In short, claiming to be an "anointed" is hardly beneficial for one's "theocratic career". Only when a lifelong "servant" gets close enough to being co-opted into the Governing Body may an opportunistic "anointment for appointment" be suggested.

Your not saying a younger one who begins to partake would never be appointed as a servant/elder are ya? We had a 30 something elder who claimed to be of the annointed in our hall after we moved.

Honesty,

Romans 8:12-17 So then, brothers, we are not obligated to the flesh to live according to the flesh, ; for if you live according to the flesh, you are going to die. ; But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live.&

What if a born again christian smokes weed and "lives" with his girlfriend? Is he gonna die even though he was born again?

Gumby

• Narkissos
    Narkissos
    Your not saying a younger one who begins to partake would never be appointed as a servant/elder are ya? We had a 30 something elder who claimed to be of the annointed in our hall after we moved.

I just suggest that he would be subject to much more scrutiny before being appointed. The elders, and most certainly the CO, would make sure that he is not a prospective "independent thinker" or "apostate".

• gumby
    gumby

Thanks Narkster.....I agree it would make it a bit difficult.

Hey....is it just me and the backwoods kinda congregation I was in.....or are "many" of those who claim to be annointed oftentimes a bit odd? We had two annointed publishers in our hall in my earlier years and both of them boardered on being a couple of fruitcakes.

One was an older brother who spit when he talked and was half nuts who never was appointed an elder because he was too weird... but he was a MS who did the magazines only. The sister was a pioneer and everyone in the hall felt she too was about half crazy.

I realise many who claim to be of this status are not that way, but it seems a lot of them are.

Gumslanderer

• hallelujah
    hallelujah

In my view the anointed are not to be blamed - they are victims of the rabbid hallucinations of Charles Taze Russell and of the dictatorial vitriolics of Joseph Rutherford.

• Mary
    Mary

Gumbaby said: They can't then lose their salvation.

Huh? Isn't that how the WTS explains why there's "new ones" partaking? Because some of the "annointed" have indeed lost their salvation? What am I missing here?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Mary,

Maybe a case of 'they thought they were, but they weren't' ?

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

So to add to post above, if they falsely believed they were of the anointed, but weren't, what is it that was 'telling' them otherwise?

• Mary
    Mary

if they falsely believed they were of the anointed, but weren't, what is it that was 'telling' them otherwise?

Um......their medication at too high a dosage?

• gumby
    gumby

Mary's now gonna explain it all to ya cuz her and I talked... and now she's got the story straighter than a peter on a newly married 18 year old dub groom on his first night on his honeymoon

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit