"Some" of the annointed are not yet "sealed" Huh?

by gumby 42 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby

Ozzie, I actually conducted the book study with this book 2 times myself. As I was looking through my study copy that inspired this thread, I noticed I made my own note besided the paragraph that asked......"how can they be chosen and given 'a token' to heaven, yet lose their standing"?

I was confused even as a book study conductor but fudged my way through. When nobody understands, you move on to the next paragraph.

DVB,

there could be a "miraculous" infusion of new, YOUNG annointed's. maybe the "sealing" is not as far along as we thought.

it would kill two birds with one stone. the gb. could be revitalized with fresh, sharp, non-senile members, plus it will give the wts. decades before it finds itself in the same position it is now. what would they do if ALL the annointeds are dead and the end hasnt come.

They have always taught those that would replace any of the annointed who fall away, would be with someone of many faithful years of service to Jehovah.....not someone still 'wet behind the ears' as a witness. Although they will act as though they recognize a younger one who claims to be of the little flock, they hold them in contempt( in a sorta way). They are made to feel guilty.

You do make an interesting point. If the 8,000 now left did finally die....how would they handle it?

They'd come up with new light that would explain away their old thoughts just like they did in the previous entire century and newer converts would swallow it.....just like they do now.....but hopefully in much smaller numbers since the exposer of them is now taking it's toll.

Gumby

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Don't you guys find it funny that some of the absolute core beliefs of Jehovah's Witnesses, are the easiest to pick apart and scrutinize. I mean you go 607, 144,00, F&D slave, elders appointed by holy spirit, I can go on and on, but you get the point.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    You do make an interesting point. If the 8,000 now left did finally die....how would they handle it?

They'd say that it all happened invisibly in heaven?

• gumby
    gumby
    They'd say that it all happened invisibly in heaven?

I'm not sure that one would work for them. They stated...along with scripture, that armageddon follows the sealing of the elect. They cannot put armageddon in heaven or in a spiritual sense or there gonna hafta apologise for all them horrible armageddon pictures we had to look at all our lives

Actually, you or I could come up with an explanation if we tried hard enough Ozmeister....so I'm sure the pro's won't have a hard time wiggling out of any future dilema's.

Gumby

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne
    I was confused even as a book study conductor but fudged my way through. When nobody understands, you move on to the next paragraph.

My dear brother Gumby....all this time I thought it was the holy spirit

I would have liked to have been in your bookstudy brother Gumby....I could have dazzled you with my incorrect answers and waffled on about aliens and stuff...and you would have moved on to the next paragraph...the bookstudy would have been over in no time Then I could go home to watch ER.

~Beck~

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Now that's strategy!

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Hey Beck melbourne - it's people like you who made the bookstudy run overtime! lol

Keep to the script bruce

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Were they really up themselves or did they really get told the secret handshake?

Ever wondered how they "knew"? All we were told was that they "knew".

Knew what?? Anyone know?

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Yeah but....Rev. 2:10 makes a qualification....they must remain faithful till death....see also Rom 8: 15-17, matt. 10:22 Here's the entire paragraph for you to chew on. 9 "Provided we suffer together"—what does that mean? In order to receive the crown of life, anointed Christians must endure, faithful even to death. (Revelation 2:10) It is not a matter of ‘once saved, always saved.’ (Matthew 10:22; Luke 13:24) Rather, they are admonished: "Do your utmost to make the calling and choosing of you sure for yourselves." Like the apostle Paul, ultimately they must be able to say: "I have fought the fine fight, I have run the course to the finish, I have observed the faith." (2 Peter 1:10, 11; 2 Timothy 4:7, 8) So here on earth the testing and sifting of the remaining spirit-begotten sons of God must go on until Jesus and his accompanying angels will have firmly implanted the seal ‘in the forehead’ of all of these, identifying them conclusively, irrevocably, as tried and faithful "slaves of our God." That seal then becomes a permanent mark. Evidently, when the four winds of tribulation are unleashed, all of spiritual Israel will have been sealed in finality, even though a few will still be alive in the flesh. (Matthew 24:13; Revelation 19:7) The entire membership will be complete!—Romans 11:25, 26.

Gumby

My bibles don't say what the CLIMAX book says they say: Romans 8:12-17 So then, brothers, we are not obligated to the flesh to live according to the flesh, for if you live according to the flesh, you are going to die. But if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. All those led by God’s Spirit are God’s sons. For you did not receive a spirit of slavery to fall back into fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption, by whom we cry out, “ Abba, Father!” The Spirit Himself testifies together with our spirit that we are God’s children, and if children, also heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ—seeing that we suffer with Him so that we may also be glorified with Him. Matt 10:22 You will be hated by everyone because of My name. But the one who endures to the end will be delivered I bet a first grade education will do the trick here.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Ozzie! Hi!, Once we were invited for some southern comfort by one of the anointed in his room and we asked him how does he know that he is one of the 144,000. He went on to say that he had a feeling that he just could not shake for some time and asked Jehovah to help him with it. Then around the memorial time he was compelled to partake of the emblems and after that the uneasiness that troubled him was gone.

He was born in 1914 and is still serving at the Headquarters at 92 years of age. He was never appointed to the Governing Body. We were in his congregation, he was a very mild and kind man, he always was very helpful to all of us.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit