Theocratic Warfare Strategy - Lies have long been part of the plan.

by unclebruce 45 Replies latest jw friends

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

bunkum! ... grabs golf 'round his neck and drags him off to sh*tfight on other thread ...

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hey, You wrote..:

JW's™ are not: "under obligation to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it." Insight on the Scriptures Volume II p. 245.™

Here is the context of that paragraph and quote from the Volume:

'While malicious lying is definitely condemned in the Bible, this does not mean that a person is under obligaion to divulge truthful information to people who are not entitled to it. Jesus Christ counseled: "Do not give what is holy to dogs, neither throw your pearls before swine, that they may never trample them under their feet and turn around and rip you open." (Mt 7:6) That is why Jesus on certain occasions refrained from giving full information or direct answers to certain questions when doing so could have brought unnecessary harm (Mt 15:1-6 : 21:23-27: Joh 7:3-10) Eveidently the course of Abraham, Isaac, Rahab, and Elisha in misdirectiing or in withholding full facts from nonworshipers of Jehovah must be viewed in the same light.'

I don't think we are under obligation to devulge information to people who are just going to use it to hurt either ourselves or others...

• Scully
    Scully
    I don't think we are under obligation to devulge information to people who are just going to use it to hurt either ourselves or others...

That's why the US has the Fifth Amendment - you can decline to answer questions that would result in self-incrimination.

However, the WTS uses this doctrine of Theocratic War Strategy™ to justify the misrepresentation of secular information - regarding blood transfusions, the trinity, and evolution/creation for example - to sway their followers to adopt the doctrines that they present. They do not even consider their own followers to be "entitled to truthful information".... how insulting is that??

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

This is the context of the WT. '60 June 1, p. 353

There is one exception, however, that the Christian must ever bear in mind. As a soldier of Christ he is in theocratic warfare and he must exercise added caution when dealing with God’s foes. Thus the Scriptures show that for the purpose of protecting the interests of God’s cause, it is proper to hide the truth from God’s enemies. A Scriptural example of this is that of Rahab the harlot. She hid the Israelite spies because of her faith in their God Jehovah. This she did both by her actions and by her lips. That she had Jehovah’s approval in doing so is seen from James’ commendation of her faith.—Josh. 2:4, 5; Jas. 2:25.

This would come under the term "war strategy," as explained in The Watchtower, February 1, 1956, and is in keeping with Jesus’ counsel that when among wolves we must be as "cautious as serpents." Should circumstances require a Christian to take the witness stand and swear to tell the truth, then, if he speaks at all, he must utter the truth. When faced with the alternative of speaking and betraying his brothers or not speaking and being held in contempt of court, the mature Christian will put the welfare of his brothers ahead of his own, remembering Jesus’ words: "No one has greater love than this, that someone should surrender his [life] in behalf of his friends."—Matt. 10:16; John 15:13

I don't think the article is telling us to lie but rather that our enemies, and God's don't deserve to know all the truth, all the time.......What's wrong with that?

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

And don't forget all the millions of times witnesses have answered this question at the door with a lie:

Householder: "Sorry, not interested in becoming part of your religion"

Pub: "Oh, we are not soliciting church membership or trying to convert others to our religion. We are just promoting Bible education and interest in our community"

Theocratic War Strategy TM at it's best.

Hey why can't I get the TM thingy to work? What do I need to do?

Jeff

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Yes, Jeff, I've heard that lie a million times...

• carla
    carla

Who decides who God's 'enemies' are? the wt?

The problem jw's don't seem to see is that the wt encourages less than truthful lives in all areas. They can and do rationalize away any lies with it being somehow for the good of the organization. And if it involves a non jw, well heck, they are just going to be destroyed anyway and because they are not a member they are an enemy of God. If it involves another jw, they can still rationalize away any lies with, 'you never know if they are a 'real' jw or not'. They could hold secret apostate thoughts and be an enemy of God. Just who is entitled to truth in a jw's life?

Using their logic of a story from the bible in which someone was helping God's people to escape, we could use the same logic of 'it being in the bible' to when two girls get their father drunk and have sex with him. Must be ok, it's in the bible. They had good 'motive' to carry on the human race.

I would never choose to have business dealings with a jw if I had any choice due to their policy on lying. I never believe half of what they have to say either as I know I am not 'entitled' to any truth from them due to my non jw status. I wonder what jw's would think when normal people in society hear about this doctrine of jw's and discuss it? The non jw community does need to hear about yet another hurtful and damaging doctrine of the jw society. Doing my part!

• Scully
    Scully
    Hey why can't I get the TM thingy to work? What do I need to do?

Make sure your Numbers Lock is activated. Hold the ALT key down, and type 0153 on the numeric pad. ™ ... et voilà!

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Theocratic War Stategy ™

Thank You Scully - See ya'll, ya' can teach an old dog new tricks!!! Course, the question might be - can the old dog remember till later?

Jeff

• Scully
    Scully

Jeff,

You can always copy and paste one of the little buggers from someone else's posts.... nobody will know the difference!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit