Theocratic Warfare Strategy - Lies have long been part of the plan.

by unclebruce 45 Replies latest jw friends

• VM44
    VM44

Just a comment on something I read in the quoted material, "It amounts to ‘going down to Egypt for help.’"

Didn't Joeseph, Mary, and Jesus' family flee to Egypt to escape Herod's attempt to kill him?

This would be "going down to Egypt for refuge".

--VM44

• Carmel
    Carmel

I do declare! Uncle doe have value more than a trailer park speed bump! You rock, quano man!

carmel

• TMS
    TMS

Factoring in the "Theocratic War Stategy" and the double life witnesses almost certainly lead, lieing is pervasive among JW's.

Kids lie at school about their non-participation in almost everything, because the truth is too embarassing. These same kids later lie to the elders when questioned about "the desires incidental to youth."

Elders misrepresent the true nature of a meeting that eventually becomes a judicial committee.

Assembly overseers misrepresent the true financial situation of a convention to solicit contributions.

Elders frequently tell a publisher that "the matter has become a concern to many in the congregation" when, in fact, it has not.

Pioneers misrepresent the real reason they work part-time or not at all to qualify for welfare or government handouts.

The Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses makes changes under the guise of "simplification" that are actually changes made for financial reasons.

Almost every experience told at a convention of Jehovah's Witnesses is greatly embellished or an outright lie.

tms

ps: I once worked with a brother in field service who, if he met a Baptist, told the householder: "I used to be a Baptist." If he met a Catholic, he said: "I used to be a Catholic." I questioned him about this. He laughed and said it was "Theocratic Strategy."

• Golf
    Golf

Hey UNC, how do find time writing so much when your suppose to be working at your mountain top home? By the way, that's the closet to 'heaven' YOUR going to get!!!

Awesome view, I love it! Wow, can I hit lots of used balls from that elevation.

Golf

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    Just a comment on something I read in the quoted material, "It amounts to ‘going down to Egypt for help.’"

Didn't Joeseph, Mary, and Jesus' family flee to Egypt to escape Herod's attempt to kill him?

This would be "going down to Egypt for refuge".

--VM44

G'day VM44,
    I think the reference is to Isaiah 31:1 "woe to those going down to Egypt for assistance, those relying on mere horses, and who put their trust in war chariots, because they are numerous, and in steeds, because they are very mighty, but who have not looked to the Holy One of Israel and have not searched for Jehovah himself." Isn't the bible a wonder .. for every scripture there is an equal and opposite text.
    cheers, unclebruce.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    I always just use Alt+0153 (™), Alt+0169 (©), Alt+0174 (®). Works in all Windows programs (but not on Mac.... [shudder]). (Note that with some fonts, you don't need to include the 0s.)

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou Jeffro

Hey UNC, how do find time writing so much when your suppose to be working at your mountain top home? By the way, that's the closet to 'heaven' YOUR going to get!!!

Awesome view, I love it! Wow, can I hit lots of used balls from that elevation.

Golf

Steady on Golf - can't you see I'm trying to conduct a bible study! (my old personality wanted to say "go whack your balls somewhere else" but this is the new fluffy poly unsaturated dish washer safe me).

PS: just had three days off with a pulled back muscle .. and ..I just found my old NWT bible so stand back buddy!

• Scully
    Scully

unclebruce

Just straying off topic for a sec to give you some more toys to play with....

ALT +

=

Description

euro sign

dagger

double dagger

bullet

trademark sign

¡

inverted exclamation mark

¢

cent sign

£

pound sign

¤

currency sign

¥

Yen

§

section sign

©

copyright symbol

®

registered symbol

°

degree sign

±

plus-minus sign

²

superscript 2

³

superscript 3

µ

micro sign

paragraph symbol

¹

superscript 1

¼

one-quarter

½

one-half

¾

three-quarters

¿

inverted question mark

multiplication sign

÷

division sign

• whyizit
    whyizit

Amazing! You can lie to save your skin, IF you are going door to door for the WTS. Even though lying is clearly a Biblical No-No!

BUT....if you are being raped and you don't fight and scream your head off (even if you know that it will cause you to be murdered for sure), then you are condemned to nothingness. Do not pass GO. No paradise earth for you!

How messed up is that?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce
    How messed up is that?

Its a tad insane whyizit

Thanks scully x

~o¿o~

• Golf
    Golf

UNC, you just can't seem to get that WT system out of you, can you? Where do you report your hours, at Gumby's?

Golf

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit