Is there a God/supreme being/ or what?!

by DigitalFokus 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• startingover
    startingover
    Its possible that IF there is a God, he might actually have nothing whatsoever to do with the Bible. He might be a surpreme being. but just not be affilitated with that man author'd book.

With the proper evidence, I could accept there being a god. But the god of the bible, no way!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

The "complex designer" brain-stopper doesn't hold much water with me. Man is getting pretty good at designing complex shyte. Did anyone ever read any of the numerous SciFi stories of robots/computers creating better robots/computers, ad infinitum?

Beyond the answer being 42, "Be Still" works best for me, too

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

42 is the answer to the meaning of life.

I am asking whether God exists or not. So I am looking for 1's and 0's I guess.

Is not being sold either way on the God subject all that bad? Or is that the norm?

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I am asking whether God exists or not. So I am looking for 1's and 0's I guess.

Given that we have ten digits and are alleged to have been created in the image of God, do ya think he does binary?

Is not being sold either way on the God subject all that bad? Or is that the norm?

Why does it have to be good, bad, norm or otherwise? For you it just is. Don't beat yourself up about it

• lola28
    lola28

Nope.

lola

"Out to change the world,one whore at a time"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I used to think there was, believed it with all my heart, but now I am beginning to have seious doubts.

• GodisRight
    GodisRight
    How does that prove that its the God of the Bible we know?

I appreciate your point very much though

The bible is the only book I know that explains where psychics get their powers from. Many of the people who don't believe in God also don't believe that psychics exist. My point is if we wrong about them. What else are we wrong about?

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

fjtoth:

I thought the question was "Is there a God?" How did we get into "Who created God?"?

Because the claim that parts or all of the universe are so complex as to necessitate a similarly complex designer begs the question: Who designed the designer?

The fact remains that there is overwhelming evidence of design everywhere. Design within the known universe requires a designer.

You're equating complexity with design, and then using the definition of the word "design" to declare that there is a universal designer.

As I see it, that just might not be necessary outside the universe that our finite minds are able to comprehend.

After declaring that everything that is part of our universe must have a designer, you now need to get past the problem of infinite regression, so you declare that the designer you have posited must somehow be immune from the requirement that applies to everything else; and because this sounds like nonsense to anyone with an intellect, you further declare it to be beyond our mental ability to understand. I hope you can see now that the argument from design is fatally flawed. Whatever your belief in gods is based on, it should not be the mere fact that complexity exists.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Derek:
    I completely agree with you on this one

• funkyderek
    funkyderek

LittleToe:

I completely agree with you on this one

Pah! You're just doing that to annoy me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit