Is there a God/supreme being/ or what?!

by DigitalFokus 44 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

ok, So I was raised Luthren, my Dad was Cathlioc and then I went dub for 5 years and since have been completely turned off Religion. The dub experience combined with world events and my personal ones have pretty much pushed all thoughts of a "almighty" out of my mind.

Of course there are times that I think of religion or get into a "2am Religion talk" and I wonder WTF is really going on. I personally do not believe a word the f*ucking bible says. History has shown how currupt the Religion really is, and that goes for all religions. I mean a person will kill another person with such ease in the name of a God, blah blah blah. There seems to be more proof of there NOT being a God of the bible than there is FOR there being a god of the bible.

I'll will not know for sure until the day I bite the big one, and religion isn't part of my life in anyway now, besides the fact I post here. Religion or faith in a god does not influence my daily life. When my mother starts preaching to me, not a dub btw, I tell her I do not want to hear it. It actually pisses me off to be told how to live my life because of someone I do not believe exists. Or at least doesn't exsit in the popular fashion.

Some people say that its tooooo far fetched to think that a sudden expolsion in space created everything. Isn't believing that some "SUPREME" being just snaped his fingers and everything came about just as far fetched?

It should be painfully obvious that I am not a man of science and am not a big thunker, and maybe I have just missed something.

I read on here and some have held onto a faith in God, some just plain hate God (which to me means they still belive in God, and then some do not believe in a God whatsoever.

I guess this is more of a Rant than a question because I do not think anyone will sway my mind.

I dunno, I need some damn sleep though.

DF (of the "thanks for listening to my garble class)

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

I don't know DF. all I have is opinions, pretty much all anyone has for real.

If there is no God...we have a bleak future. That is a opinion I hold as true by looking around me.

• John Doe
    John Doe

What.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

i dont want to believe in a god... if he is there, hes a supreme ass hole... (yeah i swore, sorry, but caling him a jerk seems insufficient...) i believe only in myself now... i mean nothing else seems to care about me... myself and opther human beings... the only thing i pray to is my subconscience... at least, when it hears me, it helps me act... GOD??? no theres no god, but me...

the infamous one

• Victorian sky
    Victorian sky

There's a quote in The Count of Monte Cristo - 'You may not believe in God but God believes in you'. When I first left JWs I didn't want anything to do with God, The Bible or religion, period. I was so turned off. My grandmother encouraged me to watch Joel Osteen on tv and finally i did. He's got a really positive non-threatening message. I started to pray and read just the Bible. Three years later, I'm happy and at peace. I don't have all the answers but I know Jesus is real and he loves you more than you can imagine. If you want, check out calvarychapel.com. - God Bless, V Sky

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

No poem exists without a poet, and no law exists without a lawgiver. No painting exists without a painter, and no musical score exists without a composer. It requires the intelligence of at least one brilliant engineer to create the most complex computer. From the macrocosm to the microcosm, it is plainly evident that design is an inherent characteristic of the universe. If no intelligent Creator exists, then neither does any poet, lawgiver, painter, composer or engineer.

Beyond that, I have to say that my experience with prayers is all the proof I need that there is a God who answers.

• Golf
  • Golf
    Golf

"For his invisible qualities are clearly seen from world's creation onward,..." Romans 1:20

Hey, if you don't want to believe, so be it.

Golf

• Diogenes
    Diogenes

fjtoth,

Would that not mean that the supreme, intelligent designer had the greatest need of a maker?

I can never really get my head around the concept of things needing a designer due to their complexity.

Diogenes

• gumby
    gumby
    fjtoth,

Would that not mean that the supreme, intelligent designer had the greatest need of a maker?

I'd also like to see an answer on this one.

I always see ones who use "all design needs a designer" reasoning ....getting backed into a corner when asked the same question regarding the supreme designer.....that being god himself. Who was it that designed him? Is not the same question fair to ask regarding him?

Gumby...who believes in a designer....but knows nothing about him/her/it/it's

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit