im in love with a Jehovah's Witness

by saddler 66 Replies latest social relationships

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

I wish I had some good advice to offer. Unfortunately, I think it's just self-serving. I happen to believe that love is the most powerful thing in the world. And, it is perfected through suffering. Imagine if Christ said, dying for you would be too painful so, I think I'll pass. I guess I'm trying to apply the same principle to the JW I'm in love with but haven't had a relationship with in 3 months.. However, if you love someone who is abusive in anyway, emotionally, physically or whatnot...then you're not loving yourself either.

• Poodles
    Poodles

Dear Kristofer

Thank you for your imput! I welcome all advice and comments!! I guess you know better then anyone here how helpless and frustrated i feel! There's some self loathing here as well!! I guess deep down i'm feeling that if i can take it this long "seven years next month" then i can keep going!! This may not make sense but i would rather this happened at the age i am now "almost 60" then at say 20!! I may have gone nuts with all the stress! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!!

Paula

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Poodles wrote: I noticed it's mostly women who advise me, i wonder what the men in this forum would care to say about my problemo?? Good or bad, i can take it, really i can!!

Hi Poodles -

If you really want to get responses from the men, it would probably be better to start a new thread. Many people won't look this far into an old thread. Your inquiry is faint and buried.

Call your new thread something like: 'Question for the guys on JWD - User or lover? How can I know the difference?'

Or some such thing.

It feels like you are being used. I hate being put in a closet and taken out only when it's convenient.

-Aude.

• Poodles
    Poodles

Great idea SudeSapere

I wondered why they didn't respond!! What you said about being taken out of the closet hit home, that's just what i feel like when we get together even when there's no sex involved! I'll post the thread now! Thanks sweetie!

Paula

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    What you said about being taken out of the closet hit home, that's just what i feel like when we get together even when there's no sex involved! I'll post the thread now! Thanks sweetie!

I know the feeling because I've lived it. Small little teeny baby steps forward and I saw hope.

There was no hope.

Be strong and move on.

I see you've already gotten quite a few responses from the guys on your new thread. Keep posting here (new threads get more reads and postings). You will find encouragement - and probably some tools - for moving on without the user.

'Nobody puts Poodles in a closet. Nobody!!'

-Aude.

• Poodles
    Poodles

Thank you AudeSapere

At the risk of anyone taking this the wrong way i am hoping to use this forum not only as a means to vent because i am the type of person who holds nothing in but as counseling as well!!

I read many great ideas and opinions here even the funny or mean ones, which by the way i would never do because i could/would never hurt anyone!!

At the risk of posting a thread asking for comments mostly from men they were more then glad to do!! I have an open mind and am willing to listen to what advice is given but may not take!!

I do understand that i am the only one who can help me with my problems but all advice it welcomed!! Please feel free to give me you honest opinions!!

Love and Peace to all!

Paula

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    At the risk of anyone taking this the wrong way i am hoping to use this forum not only as a means to vent because i am the type of person who holds nothing in but as counseling as well!!

You won't be the first - and probably not the last - to come here with a JW issue and stay for the social and emotional benefits.

Welcome.

-Aude.

• Poodles
    Poodles

So true Aude, good night for now and have a great evening!

Paula

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

At least you can expand on your vocabulary.

I bet you never heard the term "car group" used around the water cooler at work.

Rub a Dub

• Poodles
    Poodles

Have a great evening Rub a Dub!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit