im in love with a Jehovah's Witness

by saddler 66 Replies latest social relationships

• prophecor
    prophecor

Run For Cover!!!!! Your Emotional Happiness Depends On It !!!!

Seriously!!!!! This is not a Joke!!!!!!!

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

Hi saddler, welcome to the board!!

I, like yourself, find myself in love with a Witness, and I certainly know how hard it can be. I'm an Anglican and I have no desire to give up my faith to become a Witness like my boyfriend, especially after all I've learned, so I know how hard it can be to try and reconcile your beliefs with those of a Witness, it's not an easy task.

I haven't figured out what would be the best thing for me to do with my relationship just yet, it's certainly had it's ups and downs, but rest assured that there are lots of people on this board who are more than willing to help you out with your situation. When I came here a few months back, curious and concerned, they welcomed me with open arms and gave me lots of good information and advice on Witnesses and what they believe and how to deal with them, and I know that they'll do the same for you.

My best advice for you - stick around the forum, ask lots of questions, do lots of research, and keep the lines of communication open with your girl. Think things over, work things out, live and learn, and who knows, maybe this will work out for you. I hold the same hope for my relationship.

Good luck!! I hope you find the help and support that you need here, and I hope that everything works out for you!!

-Becka :)

• Frog
    Frog

hi saddler, you're very wise to ask for advise from posters on this board, no doubt you will get a range of varying responses.

If your jw female friend decides that she can act on reciprocating your feelings just must remember that she will be put through hell by her local congregation and family. The JW's quote a scripture which goes something like "do not yoke yourself unevenly with an unbeliever". This sort of thing is taken very seriously, and it's very likely she will lose her congregational privileges for some time if she involves herself with you further. She will no doubt be made to feel intensively guilty for allowing herself to fall in love and be loved. It will be one hell of a rollacoaster that statistically speaking at some point you will wish you never got on.

I realise how alluring JW can be, but they can also be terribly naive and not to mention emotionally traumatised by their JW upbringing and experiences. She will seem unique and pure, but those are the hallmarks of most JW girls who have little exposure to the outside world.

I realise it's difficult to listen to your head over your heart in these things, but I guarantee you that if you can't take the advice of the people on this board who have lived it for themselves, you will most definitely at some point in the near future wish you had.

All the best to you, I know how tough it can be. x

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi saddler,

Welcome to the forum!

How devout is your friend? Some questions to ask: Does she go to meetings 3 times a week? Does she go out in field service (door to door preaching work) and for how long each month? Does she have any other friends who are not JWs? Is she baptized? Does she plan to get baptized? Would she try to convert you?

If she is on the fringes or is not baptized and has no plans to get baptized, you might have a future. The best thing to do is to talk through all this with her.

I'm technically a JW, but I'm not 'devout' by their definition and would have no problem marrying a non JW and allow him to pursue his faith (within reason).

I wish you the best.

• Brigid
    Brigid

Saddler, congratulations! I'm sure your love is a fine gal, one in a million.
    I knew a young man who pined for a Witness girl. 21 years he waited for her. She actually married a witness man and then became dissillusioned and left both the husband and the religion.
    Then he snatched her up and carried her off to LOVE LAND!
    We've been married now 11 months!!!! Anewme, This is so unbelievably romantic! Mazel Tov!
    ~Brigid wishing you many more years of happiness

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

I'm wit propchecor on this one: RUUUUUUUNNNNNNNN!!!!

Ok, but let's be fair here. You are in love which is a very powerful thing. It depends on how into the JW mindset she is in? I mean, she could be real liberal guys, Maybe only been a witness for a couple years and whatnot. After all, she is dating an "unbeliever" but if she is a fanatical JW..well then find the nearest exit my friend.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

I would start by asking her that question before you start confessing your love for one another. Sometimes in the middle of romance and all the fluffy stuff you gotta ask serious questions.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Woodsman,

Can I ask the derivation of your name? I found it actually quite offensive when I first saw it... but if it has an innocent explanation...

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

SBF:WTF has that got to do with the thread? Either start your own or PM the dude!

Saddler:
    The statistics don't look good, I'm afraid, but everyone loves a happy ending - if she's an active JW and wants to stay that way then now might not be a good time - good luck, we wish you well.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

i ran out of threads because i stuffed the first one up, and i only gets two allocated to myself...

sorry for the abberation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit