God not only condoned mass murder, he ordered it

by Kent 89 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Kes, you are not innocent, and with your attitude, Christ could die a thousand deaths and you would have no ransom.

You are luckier than you will ever know that it all comes from a silly book of superstition.

You make me SICK.

• gumby
    gumby

SixofNine: Why are you always so harsh to ones on this board who still believe in a creator and the bible? You just said"You make me sick". Whats that all about? Does it really make you that sick and resentfull at people who have their own beliefs? What do you have to offer to others as to a hope of some type? Do you have a belief that is good to hear or a depressing one? I don't mean this in a smart ass way....but I would like to know. I notice ones who still believe don't seem to use the same degree of bitterness on this db towards those who don't believe. The non believers are quick to jump on believers and I really wonder if it isn't sheer anger of being burned by the Borg.....burned so bad it runs deeper than you know,and the tongue lashing believers get is a result of that. Just my opinion....again...I wish I knew!

• bajarama
    bajarama

This thread brings out why I dislike the way Christians think. They can justify anything, so they can keep everything in a neat little faith package.

If the premise is that God has the three O's, and that IS a requirement for Him to be God Almighty in the first place, then all things are withing His sphere of influence. He allows Satan and evil to go only as far as He wills it but He does not initiate evil. So there is 'determination' and 'allowance' but all is under His ultimate control. 'Free will' is actually minimal.
    Rex

By your own words you convict your God. First you say He allows evil to go only as far as He wills. Think about that statment, so if he really cared or loved man he would stop it. Next you say everything is under His ultimate control, and that people's free will is minimal. So what your saying is that people are pawns, and the players cause people to sin

Do you have any chidren? I hope God dosen't go into a rampage any time soon. He might just decide your block is full of evil (may I add that according to you, he created in the first place) and have you all put to the sword.

Sick of all forms of mind control, JW and otherwise.

baja

P.S. If God knows all things, He would of known the outcome of all his actions. So why would He create Satan? Your belief would make Him responsible for every act of evil that has ever taken place.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Believe me Gumby, you let go of all those mean spirited stories about a made-up-by-oh-so-human ancients' God, and you will FINALLY see the positives this world has to offer.

Can I offer you an afterlife? No, but then again, no one else can either.

If there is a God, don't you think He is sick of people accusing him of the horrible things mentioned in the Bible? And their only flimsy excuse for painting him so evil, is that it is in the "bible". What makes you think the Creator cares about that book? hhmmmm? Answer me that.

You act as if the Bible is a book of hope. Not if you read it it isn't.

• bajarama
    bajarama

SixofNine,

AMEN.

baja

• bboyneko
    bboyneko
    Babies are innocent. Good men and women whose only sin is being the wrong nationality, are innocent.

Uh, sure..

First .. the 'sin' was NOT their "nationality" for God is not partial. It was their spirit that was "bad." That was the 'sin.'

but then how do you explian Esau being "bad FROM THE WOMB?"

although YOU "see" babies as innocent.. you can only see their "flesh" NOT their 'spirit.' Therefore you are blinded as to whether a 'baby' really is "innocent or not." But God who not only "sees" the spirit but EXAMINES IT, KNOWS whether the infant is innocent or not. Hence:

"..the way MAN see is NOT the way God sees, for mere man sees what APPEARS TO THE EYES but God sees what the heart is."

I cannot beleive a supposedly rational human being wrote the above to try to make a case for a baby being evil....

Can you imagine using the above defense in a court of law?

'But yer honor, it was an evil baby!

-Dan, slapping himself on the forehead

• dubla
    dubla

six-

i have to agree with gumby on this one, and i ask some of the same questions of you. you are very harsh to believers on this board from what ive seen; you seem to have little or no respect for others beliefs anymore (and just to let you know, i am not neccesarily a "believer" of anything, im merely searching). but i do wonder of people like you: once you disregard the bible and god completely, what hope do you have left? have you embraced evolution and the big bang theory now? do you still believe in god, but think he is an evil god, a prankster, etc? and what exactly do mean by the "positives this world has to offer"? you are speaking of the same earth i know of arent you? the one that has a species known as humans that are going to completely destroy it (this is a proven scientific fact)....? im not saying without god we have nothing, im merely asking, without god, how did we supposedly get here, and what is so wonderful about the 60-80 yrs. we get to live in this world if indeed there is no afterlife and no hope? again, its a fact that if we continue on this path, a couple of generations from now the earth will be destroyed by man. so this is the great hope for our children and their children?

aa

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

1 Samuel 15 - NIV

Samuel said to Saul, "I am the one the LORD sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the LORD.
    This is what the LORD Almighty says: `I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.
    Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[1] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"
    So Saul summoned the men and mustered them at Telaim--two hundred thousand foot soldiers and ten thousand men from Judah.
    Saul went to the city of Amalek and set an ambush in the ravine.
    Then he said to the Kenites, "Go away, leave the Amalekites so that I do not destroy you along with them; for you showed kindness to all the Israelites when they came up out of Egypt." So the Kenites moved away from the Amalekites.
    Then Saul attacked the Amalekites all the way from Havilah to Shur, to the east of Egypt.
    He took Agag king of the Amalekites alive, and all his people he totally destroyed with the sword.
    But Saul and the army spared Agag and the best of the sheep and cattle, the fat calves[2] and lambs--everything that was good. These they were unwilling to destroy completely, but everything that was despised and weak they totally destroyed.
    Then the word of the LORD came to Samuel:
    "I am grieved that I have made Saul king, because he has turned away from me and has not carried out my instructions." Samuel was troubled, and he cried out to the LORD all that night.
    Early in the morning Samuel got up and went to meet Saul, but he was told, "Saul has gone to Carmel. There he has set up a monument in his own honor and has turned and gone on down to Gilgal."
    When Samuel reached him, Saul said, "The LORD bless you! I have carried out the LORD's instructions."
    But Samuel said, "What then is this bleating of sheep in my ears? What is this lowing of cattle that I hear?"
    Saul answered, "The soldiers brought them from the Amalekites; they spared the best of the sheep and cattle to sacrifice to the LORD your God, but we totally destroyed the rest."

• MrMoe
    MrMoe

Note :
    This is what the LORD Almighty says: `I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt.
    Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy[1] everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"

What did the infants and children do to the Isrealites? Or how about the cattle, sheep, camels and donkeys? Oh yeah, I bet babies and animals really can do a lot of damage...

• bboyneko 2
    bboyneko 2
    its a fact that if we continue on this path, a couple of generations from now the earth will be destroyed by man. so this is the great hope for our children and their children?

oh geez, it's such an ignorant and arrogant statement to beleive humans can actually wipe out all life on earth. Life has regularly (every 26-30 million years like clockwork) become massivley wiped out only to return iwth a vengeance. Humans only very very recently appeared on the scene.

The five well-known mass extinctions are the extinctions at the Ordovician/Silurian, late Devonian, Permian/Trias, Trias/Jurassic and Cretaceous/Tertiary limits, the most significant being at the P/T limit, the most well-known at the K/T limit

That describes the 5 mass extinctions. Here is a breakdown of the amount of life lost during each:

[list]
    Cretaceous (About 65 million years ago.)
    50% of all life on land and sea wiped out

Triassic (About 208 million years ago.)
    35% of all animal families die out. Most early dinosaur families went extinct, and most synapsids died out

Permian (About 245 million years ago)
    90% of all marine species and 70% percent of land vertebrates are wiped out forever.

Devonian (About 360 million years ago.)
    30% of animal families extinct

Ordovician (About 438 million years ago.)
    100 families extinct - more than half of the bryozoan and brachiopod species extinct.

Well over 99 per cent of the species that have ever lived have gone extinct.

THAT is fact and that is an important one to remember.
    Why would God kill off so many of his creations? Were they imperfect? Did he get bored with them?

As for what to beleive in if not God, I feel living life without having any answers makes for a much more interesting experience. God and religion offer an easy ticket to heaven or paradise. Do as we say and you are guaranteed reward. Despite the fact that you are not supposed to worship god out of love for him, you should ignore the ever-present threat that he will kill you/torture you if you do not obey. Fear is not your motivation, oh no. Not the selfsish desire to save your own hide, nope.

Besides the appeal to vanity ('join us and you can be one of God's chosen'), and its appeal to fear ('you can't be saved without us'), its broad appeal is because it offers an easy way -- a fundamentalist need not think deeply about doctrine or be highly educated in it; as one Mormon leader once said to an audience of university students, "Don't think for yourself. The thinking has already been done." If you surrender your right to think for yourself and just do as the leader asks, the fundamentalist promises you a sure ticket into heaven. What could be easier?

It is far humbler to admit you do not have the answers and search for your own meaning in life. My problem iwth most religious beleifs is that because they think they have 'the truth' they feel it is their duty to 'save' everyone from the wrath of their god, to the point of interfering and taking peoples lives.

It is this overwhelming seriousness about religion that seems to be one of the hallmarks of the fundamentalist. He is concerned not only with his own conformity to doctrine, but the conformity of the rest of society to it, too. Many fundamentalists will not hesitate to intervene in the political process to ensure that society is forced to conform to the behaviors their world view requires, if not accept that world view. The belief that they are right, without any question, justifies, in their own minds, taking upon themselves the right to impose their point of view, by force if neccessary. An example is the attempt, by some Christian fundamentalist groups to shut down, by force, abortion clinics that are operating in accordance with the law. Some have gone so far as to threaten and intimidate employees, and even murder doctors working there.

It's not that scary to face the world without god, its actually enlightening and facinating. I am much happier an athiest than a christian scared to death of god punishing me for whacking off and wondering everyday why god let this person die and another live.

-Dan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit