God not only condoned mass murder, he ordered it

by Kent 89 Replies latest jw friends

• Kent
    Kent
    God not only condoned mass murder, he ordered it

I notice that many people here have claimed that "God is not a murderer. God does not condone or plan the brutal murder of children!"

Such people apparently haven't finished reading his Bible yet. In the Old Testament, Jehovah committed infanticide several times as part of his ethnic-cleansing campaigns.

In one case of genocide, Jehovah directed that all Amalekites be killed: "Attack the Amalekites and totally destroy everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants" (First Samuel 15:3).

I'm afraid the christian god not only condoned the mass murder of innocent children, he ordered it.

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• dedalus
    dedalus

Of course, you're completely wrong again, Kent, because you don't know how to read the Bible properly. Sure, it says there that God ordered the killing of infants, but that doesn't mean he isn't a God of Love. He is a God of Love! A God who loves to kill babies, sure, but you're missing the point and that's why God's going to kill you too, Kent! He's going to dance around your bloody carcass and so am I! Hey, I'm only telling you this because I love you.

Dedalus

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

I love you too kent, die die die ;)

• Kent
    Kent

LOL @ dedalus. Yeah, that's clear as ink.

Yakki Da

Kent

The most significant difference between Prime Minister John Howard and Hitler, is the fact that Hitler is dead.

Daily News On The Watchtower and the Jehovah's Witnesses:
    http://watchtower.observer.org

• Norm
    Norm

Hey Kent,

We all have something we are really good at. God is the major cause of death, he's really good at it, give it a rest!

Norm.

• bboyneko
    bboyneko

kent dont forget that in that same account god gets pissed because sure, they carried out his orders to slaughter children and suckling infants, but damnit they spared some sheep! He said kill EVERYTHING and you better damn do as he says or else.

-Dan

• TR
    TR

It's strange that as loyal JW's we didn't seem to flinch at this idea. "If God ordered the execution of babies, there MUST be a good reason!" I suppose though, that some dubs started their long list of doubts with this one.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Norm
    Norm

Well, if there is a God, let him strike Kent dead, right now, even better, let him strike me dead right now!

I'll be back later.

Norm

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Kent: As usual you post on tough issues, and this is no exception. This one combines well with my 'God on Trial' series where I dealt with God ordering an identical treatment of Jericho at the hands of Israel. All this is giving me serious concerns about what we have viewed as the Bible, God's Word. - Aamzing

• Rex B13
    Rex B13

As usual, you seem NOT to understand that God determines how long each one of us live. We are predestined to our limited time and have only enough free will to choose eternal life or eternal damnation.
    We all will die on the day that God has determined. Is that so hard to get through your alcohol & drug addled brain?
    You're taking what many consider to be Hebrew apologetics over their own sins and making it apply to all Christians. Even if the passages ARE literal it is within divine providence to judge creation!
    Next, you make the same JW error over and over, ignoring the fact that the soul is immortal and we suffer only a physical death. Some people are better off dead, are they not, Kent baby?
    Lastly, you keep telling us the Bible is a myth and if that is the case, why do YOU take it literal?
    Rex

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit