Do you look better or worse

by pratt1 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Funny. I can't say I really have that many pictures of me back then. The few I do have, I look tired and worn and I was only 19 when I left. Sad.

• Robert K Stock
    Robert K Stock

I look the same except for a few more pounds and less hair.

• Frog
    Frog

Heya pratt, it's certainly something to think about. I'd have to say my general health & wellbeing shows since leaving the org. I was so timid and reserved whilst in the org unhappily, now my photo's are big smiles which show far more character than I used to have in the org. xx

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

i think i look worse now

tijkmo of the looks good in a suit but rarely wears one nowadays class

• Gregor
    Gregor

During my short fade I let my beard grow out, kept it looking sharp. JW friends at the meetings would tell me they didn't like it, made me look old, etc. When it was just starting to grow out one sister said "hrumph!...looks like you've got ants on your face". Of course, I knew what motivated the comments. I wasn't conforming!

25 yrs later the beard is still with me but somehow has gotten a lot of white whiskers in it!

My wife says I'm a handsome dog. She's not partial either.

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

A million times better. I think it partly has to do with self-confidence. The better you feel about yourself, the better you look to other people.

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

My wife was one of the hotties and I was one of the studs so that doesn't work for us... Now we're just old and fat!

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus

My eyes, my friends that have known me the longest say my eyes have changed. the looke behind them.

• Soledad
    Soledad

I dont have a whole lot of pictures from back then, but the ones I do have look kind of creepy. I looked like a robot----my smile and demeanor seem very mechanical, no real meaning into what I was doing.

• d
    d

I see that as I am getting older I look better probably because I am a lot happier.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit