JW couples don't love each other

by Nosferatu 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

Has anyone else ever noticed this in the KH? Married couples don't seem to show any affection to each other. However, when a couple is dating, they will hold hands. It all stops after the wedding.

• Dune
    Dune

YES.

We had the Circuit assembly last weekend and i pointed out to my brother that these newly weds werent acting as affectionate as they were in August.

Then again, that happens to alot of relationships.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Largely you are quite right...especially elders.

Although there is always the exception....I remember this older couple who used to still hold hands and be quite affectionate..... in fact sometimes wished they got themselves a room!

DB74

• Ellie
    Ellie

I've never noticed this, but it can't be healthy getting to spend that little time together ( oh actually, it could have its benefits).

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

I've know of many cases where a couple is counceled to stop showing affection in the KH because it may stumble a single person into immorality or cause undo stress on the 35 y/o pioneer sister, utterly rediculous. Which reminds me, a while back a single pioneer sister in my cong. was being interviewed during the service meeting. They were trying to enourage the flock to pioneer, focusing on un-married youths and how they shouldn’t get married rather serve Jehovah full time (you have all of eternity in the new system to get married….right?) This sister, who was very attractive, was in her early thirties and had been pioneering for years. When they asked her if she regretted not getting married for the purpose of pioneering she broke down in tears. You could tell she really just wanted to have a man in her life but as many will tell you if you don’t get married young in the truth you won’t find a decent mate anywhere, only weirdos and freaks. She tried to explain away her reaction but everyone saw through it. I still feel bad for that poor sister.

• juni
    juni

Some do and some don't. Those that do, (like my husband and I) are not putting on a show, but don't care what others think. Those that don't may be prudes or don't want to "stumble" anyone - you know how that one goes. Or else they may not have that in their relationship.

I don't think in most cases it's a question of loving the other person. It's just about feeling comfortable showing affection in public.

Juni

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

If you marry young and "in-the-truth" you STILL have an excellent chance of finding a freak or wierdo! Have you ever just stopped and looked at the people who attend the district conventions?

• Chimene
    Chimene

Has anyone else ever noticed this in the KH? Married couples don't seem to show any affection to each other. However, when a couple is dating, they will hold hands. It all stops after the wedding.

This is one of the number one reasons i'm divorced. Making a woman go with out love and affection is like making a man go with out sex. Pretty soon, you start looking else where for it, it's human nature.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Not in my case...but then...I'm no longer a JW either. I don't think I was ever cut out to be one. I suck at doing what I am told without being given good reasons.

• lost_light06
    lost_light06

Justitia Themis, I agree. The pool is very tainted but the longer the wait and the smaller it gets the more likely you are to swim into a turd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit