Do You Believe In The Bible At All?

by minimus 33 Replies latest jw friends

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Óðin is the father of all. The bible is an abomination created by the giants to mislead. It will be destroyed at Ragnarök.

• xjwms
    xjwms

This is funny that this question is here.

Just this morning, .. I pulled out a file under my desk at home, and my old meeting bag is there.

I opened it up and Km's from 2001 were in there, and I opened my bible to page through......had to put it down...it was giving me a pain in the gut and I just did not want to look anymore.

• ferret
    ferret

Yes

• yucca
    yucca

yes I do

• upside/down
    upside/down
    I pulled out a file under my desk at home, and my old meeting bag is there.

I opened it up and Km's from 2001 were in there, and I opened my bible ;to page through......had to put it down...it was giving me a pain in the gut and I just did not want to look anymore.

Reminds me of the "dog returning to it's vomit" line...

Glad you didn't have the stomach to eat any...good man.

u/d(of the has an aversion to puke class)

• jstalin
    jstalin

No. The bible is a violent story book of an ancient nomadic race.

• streets76
    streets76

No.

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

The bible is a middle eastern soap opera, changed over time for the amusement of the human race. Peoples fears of living life on its own terms, i.e. 'this is it folks!', has kept it alive and argued about for thousands of years.

Think "Guiding Light" taken seriously.

Jean

• M.J.
    M.J.

I believe there is real truth in the written experiences of the biblical authors...just how far that goes is something I'm still exploring.

• FairMind
    FairMind

Yes, I believe the Bible is the inspired word of God.

However, after learning about carbon and potassium(volcanic) dating, the possibility of a 49,000 year old earth went out the window.

Actually the Bible does not teach that the earth is only 49,000 years old. There are religions that teach that all of the creative days were 7,000 years each in length, hell some teach that each creative day was 24 hours long. Many people (like me) believe that the Biblical creative days were each of indeterminate lengths (not even the same for each) and marked different stages of the creation process. Personally, I go with the “earth is about 4 billion years old” teaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit