BETHEL NEWS: Bethel Elder Arrangement to be dissolved as of Aug. 31, 2006

by Elsewhere 122 Replies latest jw friends

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

My Bethel elder use to sit at the head of the table and pick at people. He didn't like it that I had a mustache, he didn't like it that we would have our own conversations at the end of the table, no freedom of thought in that joint, he was all smiles when I left Bethel, so was I.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

We are well stocked with ex-Bethel Elders here on JWD. "EX-Bethel Elder" means you can't live up their standards of depraved indifference to camel swallowing and their warped fastidiousness regarding gnat straining.

THANK YOU GUYS, for being here!

(that wasn't sexist, I just know for sure there were no female Bethel Elders unless she was really ugly and no one knew she wasn't a guy)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Could it be possible that the WTS is "testing the water" to see if there will be any litigational repercussions over the disbanding of this rank of entitlement?

• VM44
    VM44

"Very young brothers or those new in the Bethel family who have not demonstrated their qualifications long enough would most likely not be recommended"

Isn't that the same thing sort of reasoning that the Watchtower uses to discourage younger people from claiming to be of the anointed?

--VM44

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

I remember some appointments being whack. Like, he got appointed Bethel Elder? WTF???

we would shurg it off saying he was appointed by H.S. ;-)

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    I remember some appointments being whack. Like, he got appointed Bethel Elder? WTF???

we would shurg it off saying he was appointed by H.S. ;-)

Bethel is one big congregation complete with the politics and all. I say the same thing about many elders today, how the f**k did they get appointed!??!!?

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Just testing....administrator delete.

• metatron
    metatron

I would look for a reason concerning liability and litigation before I considered any other explanations. A Bethel elder is just another

link that could get them into "deep pocket" issues involving traffic accidents or child molestation.

I doubt that a subhuman such as Jaracz ( like Himmler) would eagerly remove a Gestapo force that supports his authority.

Neither does it make sense to think that this is because of some 'moral" issue - we left those considerations far behind after their

shameful reaction to child sexual abuse issues - they have no morals or conscience except what preserving their organization ( an idol,

to be sure!) requires.

Nor do I think they are greatly worried about "apostasy" within Bethel or the organization generally. I believe they are continuing to

underestimate the destructive power of the internet and the dissaffiliation it is causing. The continued erosion of real faith

in the "truth" by the leadership has taken the zeal and emotional thrust out of their condemnation of 'apostasy'.

It's all 'cut and paste' when you don't have much more faith in the Watchtower than internet critics do!

metatron

metatron

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have another theory - maybe they want to "demote" some of their older dead wood so it won't look so bad to cut them loose while keeping the younger techies who can cut CD-ROMS?

• sir82
    sir82
    A Bethel elder is just another link that could get them into "deep pocket" issues involving traffic accidents or child molestation.

I don't follow this.

If the Society gets sued over one of these issues, and "names are named", who gives a hoot whether "the name" had some sort of internal feel-good appointment?

If I screw up at work and the company gets sued, does it matter that I'm also president of the social committee?

If someone makes a bad policy decision leading to a lawsuit, what difference does it make if the instituion of "Bethel elder" exists or not?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit