DID YOU DO FIELD SERVICE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD?

by badboy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• badboy
    badboy

One notices that some jws don't seem to do FS in their neighbourhood,is this common?

• slugga
    slugga

Normally, once in a blue moon we'd get to do rural maps though or if visiting other congregations I'd obviously do their territory.

There is a scripture about a prophet being worthless (useless?) in his own town but I guess dubs ignore this to save on petrol costs.

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Was always feeling poorly that day...

• Frog
    Frog

Funny thing that, most dubs I worked with in the "field" were too ashamed to door knock their neighbours. If I think back to it I'd have to say there was a pretty common understanding among the bro's that you weren't expected to do your own block. Perhaps cause most dubs make for terrible neighbours and a not so good witness x

• greendawn
    greendawn

We avoided knocking doors of ppl we knew such as neighbours friends and relatives because it felt embarassing unless we knew they were interested.

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

We had a couple of extreme JW elders in our congregation when I was growing up. They were huge, gung-ho guys, and they didn't cut anybody any slack. So yes, we all had to work in our own neighbourhoods. I remember being so embarrassed when we worked my block.

• blondie
    blondie

In high school I dreaded going where my schoolmates lived, but not after that. The people I knew were spread all over after that. Actually, the kids from school were curious and nice about it. Actually, I found I got a better response from people I knew than complete strangers.

• blondie
    blondie

Could it be that some JWs are living a double life and their neighbors know it? Could be hard to act like a "good" Christian and preach to them.

• badboy
    badboy

double life?

WHAT KIND OF DOUBLE LIFE?

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I hated field service in my neighborhood. I found in embarassing that the only time some people would actually say hi or visit their neighbors is during formalized preaching.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit