DID YOU DO FIELD SERVICE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD?

by badboy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Current Witnesses are just ex-Witnesses in training.
    The first crack in the shell is the knowledge they are not proud of being Witnesses. The way they express that not proud feeling is not wanting to call on their neighbors doors when actually those are the doors they are SUPPOSED to call on.

• ferret
    ferret

Always took out rural territory. Houses were much further apart and I did not know anybody there. Never would do my own neighborhood.

• Honesty
    Honesty
    Could it be that some JWs are living a double life and their neighbors know it? Could be hard to act like a "good" Christian and preach to them.

Funny you should mention this because after the ex split a lot of my neighbors came by to offer their congratulations on my getting her out of the hood. They were tired of her going on their property and picking peaches, apples, blackberries, pears, etc. and letting her dogs use their yards for a toilet.

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

my mom always said that people didn't have to work their own hoods b/c they gave a witness just by leading a godly life in front of their neighbors.

luv, jojo

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

LOL! Nope.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Just would not do that

a long time ago I tried, then we moved.

• blondie
    blondie

Hey badboy, you have been gone a long time. The WTS definition of a double life

• badboy
    badboy

I have never even set foot in a KH

• jb
    jb

My Dad made us once...He took my brother with him to the Principle's house and told him it was his turn.

Well my brother wasn't even close to wanting to be a JW. And on top of that he wasn't a great student. So when the principle came to the door he told the guy that because he was forced to go door to door he had little time for school work!

Holy Cow was my Dad pissed!!! We never worked our area again.

Even though there was a lot of yelling after that..it's still one of my favorite memories of my brother Scott. I lost him a few years after that. I miss him greatly. And I know if he was here today he would have helped and supported my leaving.

• blondie
    blondie

badboy, you should do a little homework on the WTS and double life. I think the new re-examine website has the WT-CD 2005 online.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit