DID YOU DO FIELD SERVICE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD?

by badboy 26 Replies latest jw friends

• luna2
    luna2

I never wanted to work my neighborhood. It wasn't embarrassment exactly...I didn't have a problem with "informal witnessing" to anybody when I believed all that garbage...but I've always felt there are certain boundries that should exist between neighbors and that knocking on their doors trying to formally convert them to my religion crossed those boundries.

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

no, in fact I try to avoid my entire town. I live in a small town, I know a lot of people, so I usually work territory in the city my cong. is located in. This town is pretty snobby, even people who don't live there avoid it.

• delilah
    delilah

NEVER!!!! I had a reputation to uphold, you know.

• pisces
    pisces

My mom actually enjoys doing field service in her neighborhood. She points out houses on her street that are her return visits. I have been forced to preach in my neighborhood on several occasions when I was a kid. Because of this, a kid who lived a few blocks away would always say "Open the door, Jehovah's whore" every time we crossed paths like in the neighborhood or at school.

• FairMind
    FairMind

I’m extremely uncomfortable going door-to-door in my neighborhood. My wife on the other hand has an extreme sense of responsibility to bring the “good news” to our closes neighbors.

• slugga
    slugga
    I’m extremely uncomfortable going door-to-door in my neighborhood.

You dont happen to live on canal street do you?

lol

• badboy
    badboy

THANKS EVERYONE FOR YOUR REPLIES

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit