Elders teach "Don't raise your hat to a lady! - it's worldly."

by ozziepost 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• gumby
    gumby
    They use these flattering gestures and forms of outward courtesy hypocritically, as an opening wedge for improper advances that ultimately show disrespect and lead to misuse of women. It is not good to flatter people, to turn their head; it is to their harm. Specifically, why would a woman want this special show of respect from a man?

You gotta remember....this was written by a single man named Fred Franz who never slept with a woman in his life and took a vow of celebacy to live the remainder of his life as a monk inside the walls of the WTBTS. If he woulda ever got layed he mighta changed his tune.

Gumby

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

Yes Gumby,

There's definitely something wrong with a man who chooses his own company while surrounded by adorable women. If only we could turn back time and tell it straight to the oracles face.

unc.

• LDH
    LDH

Ya and they were probably just creaming to get their hands all over him, LOL. "I did the Slave!" LOL!

Man and woman were not created equal in power and glory; the man came first and was given special prerogatives. As Jehovah is the head over his wifely organization, and as Christ is the head over his espoused church, so the man is the head over the woman. It is the woman that is commanded to show respect and recognition of the man’s position of headship, and women who rebel at it are not so much rebelling against men as they are against God.—Gen. 3:16; 1 Cor. 11:2-10; Eph. 5:33.

But in his world Satan has reversed matters. Starting in Eden, he has pushed the woman ahead of the man, exalted her above man and used her to bring about the downfall of men dedicated to Jehovah. He has flouted God by reversing the position of the sexes. But he is very subtle about it, camouflaging his work under the guise of harmless custom. Many customs are harmless, but when they contradict a theocratic principle Satan is behind it to discredit God. He is a past master at such deception. (2 Cor. 11:14) In this particular matter of hat-tipping he appeals to the vanity of women and the so-called gentlemanly qualities of men, and any man who does not comply with the subtle custom is considered crude and discourteous, disrespectful of womanhood. So out of a fear of what others may think the majority fall into conformity.—Prov. 29:25

Yeah um ok.

So help me God if I was a man I would bust out my fedora and go to the local hall and tip my hat to every lady I saw.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I did two things.

1- Checked to see if this 'law' was 'repealed' in later times. Answer: No. In fact the terms hat, tip, lift, do not appear anywhere else in the CD ROM that I could find.

2- Posted a copy to the KH door this morning, so that all the brothers and sisters would know how to act should it come up. I attached the following note to be sure they understood the implications of failure in this matter. [Actual reason: hope that the right person shows up for field service today and reads it, perhaps oneday leading to doubts enough to leave. It is a longshot - but who knows what could trigger doubts?]

The “Faithful Slave’ has never withdrawn this rule of conduct. There is no new light on this - so it must be observed. Some have been seen sinning in this manner. Be careful, Jehovah knows if you are respecting your women improperly. The article makes it clear that this is creature worship. So, brothers, keep your hat on, do not rise when a lady enters. Sisters, honor your men. Stay in your place, as the ‘slave’ tells us.

Soul-Watcher

Can't be too careful. I went thru 40+ years of being a JW without knowing the serious implications here. [Tongue in cheek]

Jeff

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

I wonder if there is an article that says it's Satanic to open the door for a woman???

The princple is set out inthe article... ;)

Oh lord, how many times did I hear that growing up?

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I once spread my coat over a mud puddle for a sister (ala sir walter raleigh)

If I'd known it was a dismemberment offence I wouldn't have been so cavalier

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit