Elders teach "Don't raise your hat to a lady! - it's worldly."

by ozziepost 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• calico
    calico
    It is not good to flatter people, to turn their head; it is to their harm. Specifically, why would a woman want this special show of respect from a man? One woman said in response to this question: "You don’t know how important it makes a woman feel to have a man tip his hat to her." That is sufficient reason for Christians to refrain from the custom. It is not in the interests of the individual to make him feel important, whether the individual is male or female.

Well, no wonder many of us have no self-esteem! Heaven forbid that anyone feel special.

• Purza
    Purza
    Man! Can't believe there is a whole WT article on that!

I agree. Or the fact that someone would actually need to write a question like that into the society -- they obviously could not think for themselves. What a joke!

Purza

• cyd0099
    cyd0099

It is not good to flatter people, to turn their head; it is to their harm. Specifically, why would a woman want this special show of respect from a man? One woman said in response to this question: "You don’t know how important it makes a woman feel to have a man tip his hat to her." That is sufficient reason for Christians to refrain from the custom. It is not in the interests of the individual to make him feel important, whether the individual is male or female

And I suppose being called "elder" doesn't make anybody feel special... Leave it to the dubs to link good manners to the devil.

• calico
    calico
    And I suppose being called "elder" doesn't make anybody feel special...

Good one! My Mom does not like the term "special pioneer" for the same reason--she wonders why there are any titles--makes a simple publisher feel like nothing!

• Kristofer
    Kristofer

Just when I thought there were too many do's and don'ts , this B.S. comes along.. Another burden on the shoulder of the eager.

• BLISSISIGNORANCE
    BLISSISIGNORANCE

Hi there Ozzie.......hope you and Mrs O are well. Is there anything the wts doesn't put an evil, bad, dirty slant on??????????? how pathetic. but then again we know how some bros feel about women. god forbid should they be shown any respect or receive acknowledgement. all the best cheers, bliss

• Clam
    Clam

Oi you! That's satanic design that is! You're untheocratically elevating me. So give it a rest or I'm telling the elders
  • unclebruce
    unclebruce

The Watchtower Society was born in mysogyny but 18 months in jail made Rutherford more bent and bitter than before. He hated the thought of any of the rank & file having fun so his crimes increased. In the '20's he murdered Santa Claus, strangled the easter bunny and gassed the tooth fairy (the boogy man and the sandman escaped by laying low).

One area of female power the Watchtower boys haven't yet had the balls to interfer with is the pagan origins of the marriage ritual:

The white wedding dress, veil, engagement rings, wedding rings, eternity rings, reception feast, bridal waltz (waltz's were once banned throughout europe for their sexual nature - no panties during a bridal waltz please sisters ;), cans dragging behind the car (to scare away demons?), honeymoon and more.

It's cool to raise your hat to ladies

• greendawn
    greendawn

The morbid mind can find faults in almost anything even something as innocent as raising a hat to a woman.

• fair dinkim
    fair dinkim

One day I was flicking through the JF Rutherford book "Vindication" this is what I found on page 156:

"The women make monkeys or dupes of men. The men have become effeminate,soft and easily influenced, and have lost their real manhood and sturdiness in the affairs of state and home. For instance, when men are sitting at a table and a woman approaches, all the men arise and pay her homage and thereby elevate her to a place over men.The men remove their hats upon entering an elevator, if a women is present; and these things are said to be acts of respect and to show that a man is a gentleman. But it is subtle, and the real meaning is much different from that. IT IS A SCHEME OF SATAN TO TURN MEN AWAY FROM GOD AND FROM HIS ANNOUNCED RULE OF THE PROPER POSITION OF MAN AND WOMAN."

This is the same man who came up with the "great crowd teaching", "the name Jehovahs Witnesses" "1914 beginning of last days" all still teachings of JWs.

I rest my case.

Fair Dinkim

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit