Other brushes with greatness

by joelbear 24 Replies latest jw friends

• rwagoner
    rwagoner

I'm pretty lucky in that my disability work takes me to Washington DC alot so I get to rub elbows with a lot of political folks. Senators, Congressmen, Judges, Governors, Lobbyists. Met Presidents Reagan, Bush 41 and George W. Been invited to the White House 3 times but only went twice...declined clinton's invite. LOL (my wife's blue dress was at the cleaners for some reason)

Having dinner with Mike Huckabee (Gov. of.. I think its Arkansas) on March 8th.

I have to fly alot too so meet the occassional celeb....but I am old so most people wouldn't call them celebs any more LOL. Carol Burnett, Alan Alda, Michael J. Fox, Tom Seleck...did meet robin williams and walter matheau when they made a movie near my home...some sort of comedy survivalist thing...don't remember the name. Ate lunch with the guy that the movie Jerry Mcguire was based on.

Oh and went to Bethel when I was like 6 years old and GB Member Knorr patted me on the head at lunch....it was sort of creepy looking back on it.

• boy@crossroads
    boy@crossroads

Have friends who used to tour with Larry Graham and Graham Central Station. After a concert I got a personal tour of the Tour bus. Met Larry and got to hang with the band.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

I shook hands with ozziepost - he's a giant, nearly broke my fingers .

• Legolas
    Legolas
    Who is Michael Dorn?

Worf from SNG!

• slugga
    slugga

I met Bill Clinton once in a tiny little town in Northern Queensland, He'd been out in a sun a bit too much and was bright red

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit