Other brushes with greatness

by joelbear 24 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

worked in subscription department with Sister Knorr, we both collected odd names of people.

shook hands with Freddie Franz. i was awe struck. kind of like when I shook hands with Michael Dorn except for totally different reasons.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    shook hands with Freddie Franz. i was awe struck. kind of like when I shook hands with Michael Dorn

Wow Michael Dorn, awesome!!! Is Worf tall in real life?

• slugga
    slugga

Wow is worf on the GB now?

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sometimes I fly out of DFW airport in Dallas... the same airport used by President George Bush, President Kennedy, Nickson, Carter, and many movie celebrities.

• joelbear
    joelbear

man, michael dorn is so hot. i waited in line for like an hour and kept thinking of some way i could flirt with him without getting smacked but when i got in front of him i froze. my god his hands are big, his fingers, wow. fingers say a lot about a man.

may i see a hand shot slugga?

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I saw John Goodman once on a Hertz bus in LA. My friends and I were on vacation and the dude is HUGE. I swear, his calves are like the size of my thighs. His hands were just massive as he grasped the handle bar next to him. We weren't sure it was him until we saw his name on the Hertz sign directing him to his car. He was rather grouchy that day.

A few days later I saw Keenan Ivory Wayans at the Sharper Image story on Rodeo Drive. That man was F-I-N-E. *sigh*

Andi

• minimus
    minimus

I had dinner with Grant Suiter in a trailer. I pooped once or twice in Bethel. And I toured the GB's large table in the GB room. And I scratched myself in my groin area when I toured Brooklyn, I think./

• prophecor
    prophecor

Though not at the top of the food chain of folks, I did come across Thatcher Longstreth in public. A Philadelphia political big Whig in his day. He was larger than life, but extremely approachable. Also viewed Hillary Clinton in a Presidential Motorcade during the days of her husband's presidency. Have had the chance to listen to the Governor of Schmooze as he's so affectionately described. I think he was still Mayor then, Big Badd Eddie Rendell.

• ferret
    ferret

Who is Michael Dorn?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I met Michael Dukakis in person and he is shorter than you would think.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit