2005 WT CD-ROM now on reexamine.org

by reexaminer 39 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

It'll be hard to get a list of downloaders when there's no legal instrument to force the Chinese servers to open their logs and records.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

For the WTS it is the Yellow Danger at last. ;-)

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    Maybe we can expect the WT to come after all of us downloaders, ala Napster.

What would be the tort? They are not for sale...are they? They are for Jehovah's Witnesses.... as was astutely observed....many are JWs without being followers of the WTBTS. I believe they are distributed to JWs for free...although a donation might be accepted. I could be wrong.

• not in not out
    not in not out

I had no trouble downloading the file other than it took about 10 hours I burned to RW first and then installed to harddrive. so it is a long download but the ISO file is good

• slugga
    slugga

Taken from the opening letter which users have to agree to have read before installing...

What constitutes proper use?

Watchtower Library has been designed for your personal use. Hence, you may copy, print, or excerpt from the data for your personal use. But you may not distribute the program or large sections of the data to others who do not own Watchtower Library on CD-ROM. Nor may you copy, print, or excerpt from the copyrighted data to prepare and distribute books. Please do not put the program or data on the Internet or any public network.

Ooops !

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher
    What constitutes proper use? Watchtower Library has been designed for your personal use. Hence, you may copy, print, or excerpt from the data for your personal use. But you may not distribute the program or large sections of the data to others who do not own Watchtower Library on CD-ROM. Nor may you copy, print, or excerpt from the copyrighted data to prepare and distribute books. Please do not put the program or data on the Internet or any public network.

I'm not an expert but what has been done does not seem to violate the "proper use" clause. I guess you could say the "program" is being distributed to some who do not "own Watchtower Library on CD-ROM" but ... I own it.

Notice they say "Please do not put the program or data on the Internet or any public network" as opposed to "You may not" ....I dunno' it seems very grey if they do not sell the material in its original form and they do not sell the material in the CD form ....I'm not concerned....I don't see the tort.

But, again, I'm no expert. (I'm starting to sound like Harold Dies (sp?) who would qualify everything ("sometimes, not always, but often....")

• slugga
    slugga

Yeah technically they never said "Do not" distribute but asked nicely and when clicking to install you don't technically have to agree to what you've read just agree to have read it. I just thought I'd post in case it troubled anyone's conscience.

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    What constitutes proper use? Watchtower Library has been designed for your personal use. Hence, you may copy, print, or excerpt from the data for your personal use. But you may not distribute the program or large sections of the data to others who do not own Watchtower Library on CD-ROM. Nor may you copy, print, or excerpt from the copyrighted data to prepare and distribute books. Please do not put the program or data on the Internet or any public network.

Heh, that's hilarious. I think they put that disclaimer on there to make sure that the Library doesn't end up in the hands of people who can read it and see the truth behind the "Truth".

Like us.

-Becka :)

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

What do these Hashes mean?

Hashes

MD5:
    8ae89af80ec0d0cb1d673493ced85338

SHA-1:
    1c05d3c3c544e747fe202473b0b067364b3e7237

SHA-512:
    988f28ef1060535266c801dc9c87e52c16323e75a5bd69b85a6f8a65334af7d5718ff310521d98e699ee5b5a733eba3f0d963bcf90836e0c6b621ae908019610

• aniron
    aniron

Can it just be download onto a computer and used?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit