Darren McGavin Dead at 83, Nightstalker and Christmas Story

by blondie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
  • wheres caleb?
    wheres caleb?

I loved him in "A Christmas Story" even during my JW days. Never apologized for liking that movie. He was great in "The Natural" as well.

He reminded me of my grandfather. He was great.

• kristyann
    kristyann

I love A Christmas Story... I watch it every year, as I am sure a lot of you probably do. I showed it to my boyfriend for the first time last year, and now he loves it, too.

My dad has a doll of the character Darren McGavin played in A Christmas Story... you push a button and he says different phrases from the movie, such as "Fra-jeeeee-leeeeee... that must be Italian!" and "It's, it's a major award!"

• VM44
    VM44

I remember his being in the television adaption of Ray Bradbury's The Martian Chronicles. --VM44

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Oh yeah......He was that guy who wanted to open that burger joint at the junction of main roads on Mars for all those hungry men coming on the rockets, before earth blows up. And then he killed a bunch of Martians who tried to give him a deed to half of Mars. I remember him. Dang.

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

http://www.theage.com.au/news/world/mccloud-star-dies/2006/02/28/1141020047988.html "McCloud," "Gunsmoke" Star Rides Into Sunset News.yahoo.com | 4 hours ago | 53 sources Weaver, a quintessential TV cowboy who enjoyed his greatest fame as Sam McCloud, the New York City detective with a twang, on the 1970s crime show McCloud , died of cancer Friday in Colorado, it was reported ...

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

RIP to all three of these truly great guys, they will be missed. Such great memories with all of them growing up on the different shows each was in.

• Swan
    Swan

All three were favorites of mine. It has been a sad few days, but I do take consolation that they lived a good long time, and left a legacy that millions will appreciate.

Not many people can claim to have had a 600 lb. co-star, was Murphy Brown's father, or played a patriotic fish.

Tammy

• upside/down
    upside/down

Night Stalker RULED!

It was on after Donny & Marie...

He was also the Dad in Billy Madison.

u/d

• TopHat
    TopHat

Recently a NEW Night Stalker TV series was trying to make it with a younger character than Darren was when he played, but it didn't have or hold the same interest. Kind of dull.

I am sorry to hear of all three dying. I enjoyed all their proformances.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit