Found out there is a religion EXACTLY like JW'S!! And I mean EXACTLY!

by stillAwitness 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DannyBloem
    DannyBloem

Well, I "lost" also a biblestudy before to some thing very similar to JW's.
    Anyway, it helped me to realize that I could not find any real reason for him to follow us and not them. So, it created some doubt at that time.

If you look very close at the bible you probably get something like the JW's. (some details different maybe)

All religion is dangerous, so how more different ones the better, as that will make them fall apart sooner

Danny B

• nicolaou
    nicolaou
    most christian faiths do teach the truth about Christ. They believe in the trinity God who was Christ and that only through Christ can one be saved. So in my oppinion they are not considered cults

Your truth versus theirs, you've made my point. To my knowledge all christian divisions claim to teach the truth, they're all alike to one degree or another. My opinion is that Christianity is a huge umbrella cult - the Cult of Christ - made up of thousands of smaller cults beneath it.

And by the way, just because you say that something is "the truth about Christ" does not make it so.

• insearchoftruth
    insearchoftruth

stillA,

Thanks for the post, am very interested to hear more about this! It amazes me when one does some searching how many different 'religions' are out there that claim to be the only religion.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat
    She said it was Protestant but a different denomination of it. I will have to ask her to clarify.

Please do share once you find out. Protestant doesn't mean much. All that means is it's a Christian religion that is not Catholic. When you're Christian, either you're Catholic or Protestant. Do you mean Pentecostal???

There really isn't much that's special about JWs like they'd like you to think.

• jgnat
    jgnat

She sounds like United Pentecostal. Please don't confuse this group with regular pentecostals. I am pretty sure my daughter works with one of them. She refuses to do any work on the internet, including the corporate intranet. She's never married and hasn't bothered to put aside any savings or buy a home, since "this world will not last much longer." The poor lady got caught far from the exit in an office birthday celebration where a surprise belly dancer entertained the lucky recipient.

• jgnat
    jgnat

P.S. Don't forget, "Animal Farm" book study tomorrow night!

• Shazard
    Shazard

Definetly not Lutheran nor conservative nor liberal!

• blondie
    blondie

Exactly? You wouldn't know more exactly the name of the church she goes to or any organization they are part of? Even if they don't have a website, other people many have written about them on the internet. A few questions:

1. Do they teach a triune God
    2. What about Christmas and birthdays
    3. What about blood transfusions
    4. What about serving in the military
    5. What about voting
    6. What about the soul being immortal
    7. Do they call God, Jehovah
    8. Do they preach from door to door and is each member required to do so

Just a few I could think of off the top of my head.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

• Do they have a two-tier system for believers, with only some going to heaven?

There are a number of breakaway organisations, too. Romania (I think it is) has a large one who call themselves the REAL JWs, and think that Brooklyn apostacised during the second World War.

There's also another in Nigeria that has a couple of million adherents. The only difference being that they accept polygamy for everyone except those in office (1Tim.3:2).

• Check_Your_Premises
    Check_Your_Premises

The closest match I have found are the Worldwide Church of God variations.

www.thercg.org

www.tomorrowsworld.org

Here are a couple that are keeping the Armstrong faith alive.

CYP

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit