Found out there is a religion EXACTLY like JW'S!! And I mean EXACTLY!

by stillAwitness 40 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• M.J.
    M.J.
    I once spent about 6 months on the CHRISTADELPHIAN Discussion Board and found them to be practically identical to JW's except for the fact they are smarter and more intellecutally honest. Their penchant for accurate scholarship was a pleasure, too.

I agree Terry, I've actually sat down and talked to one. Hellrider, they don't accept the Trinity doctrine, btw.

They are much more intellectually honest, IMO, as you mention, and aren't hung up on all that "theocratic organization" bs.

I really think they could make some inroads with JWs but they don't seem to directly pursue that goal from what I can tell.

Furthermore, their statement of faith that most of them adhere to today goes all the way back to 1898. This was an amended version, which is pretty close to the original which dated back to the mid 1800s.

Here is a provided clarification of the above with doctrines to be rejected: http://www.christadelphia.org/reject.htm

The most notable difference with JWs is the rejection of the Devil as a personal being. They use the same reasoning for that as they use for rejection of "immortal soul"/existence after death...that it was a pagan concept introduced by surrounding nations and all language that suggests it in the Bible is simply figurative.

Fact of the matter is, in 1918-1919 their beliefs were much closer to today's WTS teachings than the WTS's teachings were at the time.

• blondie
    blondie

I was watching Mr. Meredith preach this weekend...he said in 5 to 15 years the END will be here. BTW they believe that the US and the UK and the lost tribes of Israel.

I think when people read their stuff, they focus on what is like the JWs and not enough on what is not the same. BTW a member of Mr. Meredith's group in Milwaukee shot up and killed several members of the group.

Blondie

• M.J.
    M.J.

I think sociologically and psychologically they are so similar despite certain differences in teaching.

check out their publication, "Where is God's True Church Today?" That is a manifesto that reads so much like WTS literature to assert the divine appointment of the authors (beware of any literature whose main goal is to convince you of the importance of the authors). Funny how all these groups claim that everything in the bible is either about their group or will be fulfilled by their group.

Here's the intro:

Thousands of different church denominations claim to be following Jesus Christ. Yet they teach thousands of different “gospels” and disagree on countless points of doctrine. Is Jesus Christ the Head of all these denominations? Is Christ divided? Or is there a true Church of God that stands apart from this religious Babylon? How can you recognize God’s true Church? This booklet will help you understand!
  • heathen
    heathen
    he said in 5 to 15 years he said in 5 to 15 years

Yah , he probly has a disease and doesn't plan to be around in 5-15 years anyway...... LOL I'm surprised he's not saying millions now living will never die . Whatever keeps the money coming in ....

• kid-A
    kid-A

I'm with the skeptics here. I am not aware of any international religious group with a similar stance on blood transfusions, and total abstinence from mainstream society including all holidays, birthdays, etc. and a similar record of failed end-of-the-world predictions, not to mention a founder who calculated end-dates by measuring the inner walls of a pyramid. If the borg have one thing, its certainly uniqueness. Uniquely bizarre.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    If the borg have one thing, its certainly uniqueness. Uniquely bizarre

Actually the Armstrong groups come darn close...including holidays, birthdays and false predictions. As for blood transfusions, here's what the Reformed Church of God has to say: http://www.thercg.org/questions/p170.a.html

Q: What does the Bible teach concerning blood transfusions?

A: While blood transfusions are not directly mentioned in the Bible, God never intended that man try to solve his self-inflicted ailments through surgery and blood transfusions. The possibility of contracting disease through these medical treatments is very high. Therefore, one who is considering undergoing (or being advise to undergo) a surgical procedure involving the risk of substantial blood loss (and thus the possibility of a transfusion) should carefully and prayerfully weigh the benefits and risks.

Also, while Christians are not "immune" to accidents (Ecc. 9:11), if we are seeking to truly please God, He has promised that He will not allow us to be "tempted above that we are able" (I Cor. 10:13). This means, among other things, that we will not have to make a choice between "bleeding to death" and taking the chance of receiving disease-infected blood through a transfusion. Certain choices being made for a person, due to his incapacity to decide for himself, is an entirely different matter. God would not hold one accountable for such decisions.

We discourage this practice, but the decision ultimately rests with the individual. In the overall "big picture," wisdom and discretion must always be employed in order to avoid accidents and disease. In other words, we must treat the CAUSE, and not just the EFFECT.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's an interesting phenomenon how many cultic religions came out beginning from the mid 19th century in the USA. Protestantism was fractured into thousands of small and large groups many of them of an extremist nature like the JWs, with strange outlandish beliefs. They say the free masons had a hand in this.

• M.J.
  • tmo1965
    tmo1965
    It's an interesting phenomenon how many cultic religions came out beginning from the mid 19th century in the USA. Protestantism was fractured into thousands of small and large groups many of them of an extremist nature like the JWs, with strange outlandish beliefs. They say the free masons had a hand in this.

I noticed the same thing. That is very strange indeed. Do you have any links about the masons' part in this?

• Rig Boy
    Rig Boy

International Church of Christ is identical to Jehovah's Witness. Not to be confused with "Church of Christ," a regular protestant denomination that stresses physical Baptism.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit