Some Pics of a Nice King Salmon I Caught!!!!

by Low-Key Lysmith 29 Replies latest jw friends

• eyegirl
    eyegirl

definitely a nice catch! i haven't been fishing in ages, so i'd be rusty at guestimating the size.all i've ever caught were puny 4-6 pound walleyes and bass

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Check out this behemoth!! By far the smallest fish I've ever caught.

The lure is bigger than the bluegill! lol.

Another sad excuse for a fish.

Oh well, can't win everytime.

-Breck

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Breck,

Wow, that is a gorgeous site! My mouth is watering as you talk about smoking it. Smoked salmon and a nice chardonnary is sooo awesome!!

Your posts reminded me of some of my favorite childhood memories: fishing with my Grampa. Once when I was about 5 or 6, I caught a little sunfish about the size of your second pix above. I was so excited when Grampa starting taking it off the hook, I could hardly sit still. And then when he told me it was too small to eat and that he was going to throw it back, I started crying. I was so upset!!! I had worked so hard for that little fish, as I reeled it in myself. So he stuck it in the cooler with his bigger fish in order to keep me happy. We got home and he filleted this little thing and fried it up with his fish. I was so proud of those two little fish nuggets I had on my plate that night. LMAO! I was the happiest little kid ever.

Thanks for the reminder!

Andi

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

breck,

that's a freaking beautiful specimen. wow. you're the real thing hey? nice.

that fish makes my tummy rumble.

ts

• kid-A
    kid-A

Thats a beauty!

You should come up to Northern Ontario for the Walleye, Pike and Muskee!!

• Carmel
    Carmel

We're having barbequed salmon tomorrow evening for our potluck. The springers are in and nice sized! Fishermen are getting $10 a pound. Highest the price has been, I think, in history. These fish are every bit as good quality as the Copper River Kings from Alaska. Identical fat content and flesh quality.

I wouldn't guess 30 lb. but definately 25 plus! Good going!

carm

• upside/down
    upside/down

Mmmmmmmmmmmm

"Salmon- The other pink meat!"

u/d

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Nice fish Low Key.

We don't have them around here and I would love to have a go at them.

We went out yesterday and came across a school of large Kahawai when we really didn't have the right gear for the job. We caught two of them around four and a half pounds each, but were broken off three times. I can't post a photo because the computer they are in is now in the repair shop. They are a very good looking fish and great fighters.

Cheers

Chris

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Going back out today. Wish me luck and bent rods y'all.

-Breck

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

wow i bet it tastes good too

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit