Some Pics of a Nice King Salmon I Caught!!!!

by Low-Key Lysmith 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

bikerchic,

I didn't weigh or measure it. I was hoping for the best in meat quality, so I fileted it immediatley upon dispatching it by clubbing it with a beer bottle and filling out the required info on my Catch Card. I ate a pretty good portion of it fresh that night. I have an outstanding recipe for fresh salmon. I am smoking the rest. I have an outstandind recipe for that too. I estimate between 27-30 lbs. It felt like a big bag of dog food when i was holding it for the pics. All you fellow anglers out there, keep me honest. How much would you guesstimate?

-Breck

• bikerchic
    bikerchic
    I have an outstanding recipe for fresh salmon. I am smoking the rest. I have an outstandind recipe for that too.

Well my man YOU sound like the catch of the day! You can fish and cook, wowzers!

All you fellow anglers out there, keep me honest. How much would you guesstimate?

I bet Carmel could give a really close guess he's the salmon expert in these parts.

• alamb
    alamb

If I say 35 lbs. would you share the recipes?

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sphere,

Sea lions in the Columbia Tributaries. WTF? I've seen them many times in The Columbia itself, in fact, they are still having problems with them swimming into the Bonneville Dam's fish ladders and treating themselves to a buffet. But small rivers like the Lewis? I was really amazed to see this. I tried to get some photos, but they were moving pretty fast. No wonder we got skunked today.

Thanks for nuthin' Sealions.

-Breck

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

LKS---Can you ship some of that smoked stuff back east??? My mouth is watering!!!

Swalker

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Breck, let me know which weekend you two are headed for the Cowlitz and you'll have a date! Kim saw this thread this morning and she was salivating over the fish. PM me whenever and we'll set up a plan!

Sherry

• codeblue
    codeblue

Awesome pictures

Smoked salmon is excellent!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Wonderful catch, Low-key! Are you mixing up some of those new concoctions of yours to go with it?

Frannie

• anewme
    anewme

Beautiful catch Low Key!

And nice pictures of a lovely day!

What is it about fishing that is just sooooooo relaxing and appealing?

I'd say your healthy catch was about 35lbs.

That health and weight and youth would give you about an hour's struggle, buff guy that you are!

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Well done on the catch...

DB74

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit