Some Pics of a Nice King Salmon I Caught!!!!

by Low-Key Lysmith 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Not bad eh? I caught this fish on the Lewis River in SW Washington. It was about an hour-long battle. Good stuff.

-Breck

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

Wow that's a beauty!

I miss fishing, I used to fish out at Devils Lake for Northern pike.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

OMG, when did you go? If my partner sees this I won't see her for days, she has been itching to go salmon fishing but most of the rivers have been blown out from all the wet weather. This is the first I have heard of anything running. Did you use a guide or did you go on your own?

Sherry

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

The funny thing about this fish is that it is a Spring Run Chinook. They aren't even supposed to be in the river systems until late next month. You can tell it's fresh oughtta the Pacific by it's nickel-bright sheen. This fish was soooooooo strong. Now, it's sooooooooo delicious. (My smoker is spewing smoke as we speak.)

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

ooooooooooooooh apostaSmokedSalmonfest!!!!!!!

I'm up!!

Sherry

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sherry,

The rivers around here have calmed down considerably in the last 3 weeks. My buddy Mitch (in the pic) and I went in together on the driftboat in the photo. We don't need no stinking guides. I caught this lunker on the North Fork of the Lewis River about 15 miles upstream from where it dumps into the Columbia. Near town of Woodland on the way to Mt. St. Helens. This photo was taken on the 12th of this month. We went out today but got skunked. Bitter cold and biting wind made for a rough day on the river. Believe it or not, we saw 2 SEA LIONS in the river today!

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sherry,

P.S.

Tell yer gal that I would be happy to take her/you with us if y'all wanna make the drive down. We go pretty much every weekend.

(Open Invitation).

That same day I landed a 15# native steelhead too. The pics are on another roll of film. I will post them soon.

-Breck

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Hey maybe she should be having you take her instead of paying all that money out to those guides! She usually fishes the Cowlitz. In fact our property is only a few minutes away from it.

Sherry

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

Sounds like a plan!!!!! Mitch and I have been talking seriously about visiting the Cowlitz very soon. We like to hit the Deschutes, the Clickitat, The Kalama, and the Washougal too. We will be going to the Cowlitz soon though. I'll let you know when we are planning on coming up.

We are having a hard time going anywhere but the Lewis right now as 6 of the last 7 times we've fished it, it has been VERY productive.

Tight lines, bent rods........Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

-Breck

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

OMG that fish is huge! I can't believe you could hold onto it for a whole hour, what a treat! Yummy I love salmon!

BTW did you weigh and measure it? What did it come in at? Put any in the freezer or did you cook the whole thing?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit