JW says he loves to see bad things happen

by yaddayadda 24 Replies latest jw friends

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Did anyone else have this happen when out in service?

You and your service partner are walking in a nice neighbourhood, admiring the beautiful houses, and they say, "I love this house! I hope it is still standing after Armageddon and Jehovah let's me move into it!" I thought we were in the neighbourhood trying to save the occupants of the houses from Armageddon, not trying to save their houses for ourselves! I am ashamed to say I got sucked into this line of conversation so many times. But it did make me very uncomfortable. I would always say, "In the new system I hope I can have a house as nice as this one. The whole thing makes me sick now!

• rebel8
    rebel8

You should submit that to Fundies Say the Darndest Things. I have been trying to get them to publish some kooky JW posts over there but I haven't found any kooky enough to make it to the page.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

"Not me...I like to live on the Edge. I LOVE seeing bad news happen. The more the merrier. Makes me know the end is near."

That is sickening although not surprising from the negative JW mindset!

DB74

• blondie
    blondie

I wonder if they are as happy when the bad things happen to them, getting cancer, having your child molested by an unreported pedophile in your congregation, having your house be the only one taken out in a tornado, or a tree falling on your car?

Blondie

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I wonder if they are as happy when the bad things happen to them, getting cancer, having your child molested by an unreported pedophile in your congregation, having your house be the only one taken out in a tornado, or a tree falling on your car?

Exactly!

DB74

• gumby
    gumby

When a witness reads in the newspaper that crime or unemployment is down, they dismiss it as temporary since things are SUPPOSED to get worse.....not any better.

When you are exposed to mental pictures such as below.......destruction of all non-witnesses with no remorse for them takes over instead of compassion.

Gumby

• greendawn
    greendawn

They have been saying that the end is near for over a century now and it never happened so can't they see that this is a very dodgy idea? After all the 1914 generation can be centuries long according to the 1995 redefinition, but it's the power of wishful thinking that makes them believe all that. It's really seductive to see a supposed paradise arrive soon.

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I was reading some of the threads on that board. It looks like most of the posters use to post on e-watchman and left because he now alledgedly encourages jw's to worship jesus. some of the threads are hilarious.

http://ewatchman-exposed.co.uk/research/Does_Pathways_Operate_As_The_Judas_Goat_for_Paradise_Cafe.html?lastpost=1140845881#msg36

• DannyHaszard
  • unbeliever

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit