Neanderthal man

by scary21 77 Replies latest jw friends

• BU2B
    BU2B

The Awake admits they exist, but with no explanation on how their presence can be explained from the bible.

This is from the 11/11 issue

Were Neanderthals Like Us?

“The long-held view that Neanderthals were inferior to Homo sapiens is changing as, one by one, capabilities thought unique to us have been linked to them,” says New Scientist. Recent discoveries indicate that Neanderthals built shelters and hearths, controlled fire, wore clothes, cooked food, made tools, and created glue to attach spear points to their shafts. There is also evidence that they cared for sick individuals, wore symbolic ornaments, and buried their dead. According to Erik Trinkaus, professor of physical anthropology at Washington University, St. Louis, Missouri, U.S.A., “Neanderthals were people, and they probably had the same range of mental abilities we do.”

I believe that they were similiar to us in the same way that Alligatior, Crocidile, and Caiman are all similiar but not the same.

• Perry
    Perry

I personally agree with the professor of anthropology that the Watchtower quoted above.

Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day.

• scary21
    scary21

BU2B , If I were to show my ex that WT article he would say "they are just telling us what scientist believe. That is NOT what JW's believe " I say to him " Since when does the WT expound other peoples believes without clarifying their own? You can go to any library to find other believes. Otherwise you could say everything in the WT is other peoples view. Pick and choose. They only quote scientist that agree with them or appear to "

It is so frustrating to talk to someone that has a closed mind and does not what to know the truth.

Unlike other JW's, he does realize that believing that neanderthal were some kind of human makes the bible story suspect...lol That is why he MUST refuse to see.

I think JW reasoning is Neanderthal were human but the dating of them is wrong. All dating is wrong lalalalala

Thanks again everyone for all your input . I find this subject so interesting and I'm reading everything I can on it. .....Sherry

• BU2B
    BU2B
    The dating is wrong lol! Except for when it agrees with their doctrine is backed up by the dating, all the sudden the dating is more proof!
  • TD
    TD

If I were to show my ex that WT article he would say "they are just telling us what scientist believe. That is NOT what JW's believe."

It sounds like he's either talking without thinking first or he's got some reading comprehension problems.

JW's believe that Neandertals were as "Human" as you or I because JW's believe that "Humans" were a special act of creation and therefore there are no extinct species in our lineage.

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Ask a JW, "How do Neandertals figure into the whole Genesis account of Adam and Eve and the concept of a ransom?"

Prepare for crickets ...

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Again Perry, you did not draw the boundary between 'human' and 'non-human. Here is the list once more:

• Homo Sapiens and its cousin species Neandertal
    • Homo Heidelbergensis
    • Homo Antecessor
    • Homo Erectus/Ergaster
    • Homo Rudolfensis
    • Homo Habilis
    • Austrolopithecines
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot

Oubliette:

"How do Neandertals figure into the whole Genesis account of Adam and Eve and the concept of a ransom?"

Fantastic point! Bringing Neandertals into the creation account is another monkey wrench that can be thrown at their world view.

Did Neandertals evolve from Adam? Or did they evolve from Noah? Maybe Perry knows?

• 88JM
    88JM

Seems like a good excuse to wheel out the diagram...

• Perry
    Perry

At this point I feel like shouting "Go Neanderthals"!

Would someone like to tell this man he is not human to his face, but only a cousin to a human because his head happens to be shaped very much like a "neanderthal"? If so, Don King would like to talk to you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit