Kingdom Halls and the no windows thing...

by ObservingTexan 36 Replies latest jw friends

• Undecided
    Undecided

Hi Tassie,

This is your cousin Ken, good to see you here. I haven't seen you in several years. I'll send a PM later tomorrow, going to bed now. Undecided(Ken P.)

• mkr32208
    mkr32208

Cost and protection are right on the money! The distraction angle is in there too also lower cost for insurance! I was on the building commitee in NY way back when and I remember when that was first changed say late 80's early 90's? They actually had a rash of breakins to get the sound systems around the bethel farm area (bethelites with no money were doing it to get money to ski at hunter! I kid... I think! ) so first they had a couple plans that had smaller windows way up high we built about two or three of those before someone noticed... "hey were all a bunch of dumbasses, lets just stop putting windows in..." it's too bad that's ALL the dumb stuff they noted if they had continued on that line of thought I might have gotten out much sooner! ie;

"Hey why is the dumbest brother in the circuit in charge?"
    "I wouldnt put that drunk in charge of building a doghouse!"
    "Why is he an elder anyway, isn't GOD in charge of this organization?"
    "Wait just a second guys why are we doing THIS when we could be at the lake hitting on girls?"
    "Now that I mention it why are we doing this at all? f*ck it lets head for the lake!"

• oldflame
    oldflame

Just tell your friend that it's because when they get ready to do the Jim Jones suicide thing that it's so no one can see them in the act...LOL

• theredhead
    theredhead

Its so no one can look in and see what they are doing...jk

• R6Laser
    R6Laser

This issue comes up all of the time. Honestly let me tell you what I think. Most of us here as so into this "blame the WT for everything that happens and show that everything they do is stupid." Well braniac how many churches in general have windows, very few. Also saying that its because cost, paranoia or to keep them from looking outside is plain stupid. When I was still attending all the kingdom halls had windows. The regular one I was assigned to had windows on both sides of the building and they were always open during the meetings. So I don't buy the reasons most of you have mentioned. Maybe we're so bitter that everything they do we come up with a twist. Maybe we need to grow up and now that we're out of their grasp live our own lives and stop going by what someone esle mentions from the platform. It seems that most posts in this forum are about stupid and petty things that anyone in the world would do, but since its coming from a JW it has to be the worst thing ever.

• InquiryMan
    InquiryMan

Maybe this is also an American JW phenomenon. I’ve attended quite a few halls in Europe as well, and ALL had windows.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    KINGDOM HALL SOLD TO BABYLON the GREAT Full of Gospel Deliverance Center moved into current home in 2004
    Battle Creek Enquirer, MI - 9 minutes ago
    ... The mortgage for the building was paid off in 1997. In 2004, the congregation purchased the former Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses at 115 E. Goodale Ave. ... Full of Gospel Deliverance Center moved into current home in 2004
    Name of Church: Full Gospel Deliverance Center. Address: 115 E. Goodale Ave. Pastor: Bishop Essie D. Ingram. History: Ingram was installed as pastor of the church in 1991 with six people present. Worship services first were held at several locations around town until the congregation purchased a building at 420 W. Van Buren St. in 1995. The mortgage for the building was paid off in 1997. In 2004, the congregation purchased the former Kingdom Hall of Jehovah's Witnesses at 115 E. Goodale Ave. "We thank God for continually blessing us tremendously, and we give him all the glory," Minister Pearlie Brady said. Number of People who Attend: 40. Purpose Statement: To win souls for the Lord Jesus, to be an example of Jesus, the light in a dark world of sin, and to spread the love of God everywhere we go. Services Schedule: Worship service at 11 a.m. Sunday, intercessory prayer at 6 p.m. Wednesday, Bible study at 6 p.m. Friday and youth Bible class at 4 p.m. Saturday. Church Ministries: Tape, radio, TV, youth. Church Outreach: Visiting nursing home residents. More Information: Call the church office at 963-8945. If you would like to see your faith community in FOCUS, please call Claudia Linsley at 966-0689, or write to [email protected].

Doug Allen/The Enquirer

(I see windows could have remodeled)-Danny Haszard

• Joe Witless
    Joe Witless

Kingdom hall in emaus pa has windows, but it has pull down blinds and big wooden shutters inside

that were closed at the start of the meeting.

Done to prevent distraction from the spiritual feast.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

My home town Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witnesses Bangor Maine congregation-Danny Haszard

I have never been in this hall Bangor Maine moved to Bangor after being Dfed and exited from the Rockland Massachusetts Kingdom Hall Jehovah's Witnesses 1992

but the windows shown may be offices not the main auditorium.

• ObservingTexan
    ObservingTexan

Hey......."RedHead",

There "might" be something to the "so they can't see inside to see what they are doing thing" in the sense that if there aren't 2 witnesses to an offense......case closed! I don't actually believe that... just an observation. It is easier, faster and cheaper to build a wall that does not contain windows.

THANKS for all the comments........ you guys are a "riot"!

I do have some questions about helping my young DF'd friend. I am going to start a new thread. THANKS AGAIN!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit