Thinking of coming out of the apostate closet

by Brigid 26 Replies latest jw friends

• ferret
    ferret

Brigid You must weigh all the consequences and not be hasty in making a decision. You can still come here for support and bide your time until you are positively sure you want to post your picture. Good Luck.

• still angry
    still angry

Brigid,

You are a courageous person, and are probably close to being there. IMHO, however, is that if anyone still thinks in terms of "apostate" you are really not ready to face your relatives. It took me years to live through the shame and guilt, and one day that term won't carry the same weight it does now. Wait for that day, you've endured enough pain.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Sooner or later you will have to come out with your real identity and if your relatives are misinformed about the importance of this cultic org that's their tough problem.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    I miss my brother the most. He had some bad experiences while he journied outside of the organization and came to the conclusion that inside the 4 windowless walls of the kingdom hall was where he and his children need to be. We used to be so close. We'd talk and laugh all the time. We had a running SNL/MadTV skit going all the time. Now he hardly ever jokes or laughs. I miss him terribly.

((Brigid))

Once I found out that it wasn't the "truth" I knew some day I would have to break free altogether. I told my sister about my research, particularly the Mexican scam, she hasn't talked to me in over a year now. But I must be true to myself. I cannot live a lie. I too am getting close to unveiling the Claw. Whatever you decide, you know you will always have the unconditional support of the community here.

IronClaw

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

Brigid -
    I am in the same position as you. it is one of the hardest decisions I've ever faced and honestly still haven't decided what to do. We all have our own reasons for why we do or don't do certain things. I know you will make the best decision in your circumstance. good luck with whatever you do. I really appreciate watching other people's thought processes in this regard. thanks for sharing.

btw, I have enjoyed your inputs tremendously. love- freedomlover

• poppers
    poppers

"I am in deep repose today. As free as I feel from the Organization, there is still one tiny veil yet to be lifted. That one in front of my face--my very identity. I have been doing much inner journeying (one reason why I'm here)."

Should you "come out", as you say, will that lift the veil on your identity in the truest sense? Dropping the facade that you are shouldering now is certainly a way to gain some freedom, but will you then take up another identity? Go deeper into repose and leave everything behind that you could identify with as "you" - there you will find real freedom that isn't dependent upon anything. When you find that freedom, all of this other stuff that you are struggling with will be seen as "dream stuff" that existed only within your mind. Without realizing it, the life you are living is a waking dream, and the "you" that you take yourself to be is only an illusion. Continue your inner journey and discover the truth of this.

• moshe
    moshe

Hang onto your family as long as possible- let those of us with nothing to lose fight the W-tower.

Mozel Tov ,on your final decison,

Moshe

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit