Cocktail Ideas Anyone?

by Low-Key Lysmith 41 Replies latest jw friends

• Low-Key Lysmith
    Low-Key Lysmith

For my job, I need to come up with a couple dozen drink ideas for spring/summer. I need some fruity, tropical type shyte. I have quite a few that I've concocted myself, but being mainly a beer/whiskey sort of fella, my imagination is running a little thin when it comes to the frooty dpt.

Any ideas?

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Breck I just love a Long Island Iced Tea. They go down so nicely.

• 8 mls BOLS Gin
    • 8 mls BOLS Vodka
    • 8 mls BOLS Triple Sec curacao liqueur
    • 8 mls Silver tequila
    • 8 mls Light rum
    • 30 mls Freshly squeezed lemon juice
    • Top with Cola
    • 15 mls Rich sugar syrup (2 parts sugar:1 part water)

Shake all ingredients except cola with ice, strain over fresh ice and top with cola

Another one is a Japanese Slipper, which is very morish. And easy to boot.

• Add equal parts of Midori, Vodka and lemon juice.
    • Add ice.
    • Decorate with a slice of lemon or lime.
  • Calliope
    Calliope

sorry, i can't help.

i'm all about J.D.

and Guinness.

nothing fruity or sweet. over do that once, and you'll never feel the need to indulge again.

calliopé

• carla
    carla

Vodka, a little rum too, lemonade, pineapple juice, oh yeah a tad of triple sec.

vodka, coconut rum, pineapple juice, dark rum.

vodka, added to crappy wine with soda and cranberry/blackberry juice when desperate. (for those bottles of wine people give you cause you like wine, little do they know you can't drink crappy wine without spiffing it up)

hmm, I seem to have a vodka theme going on hey? Well, it goes with anything! I'm getting thirsty!

There are some really good drink recipe sites, give them a try too.

• carla
    carla

I assume you know how to make Pina Colada's and the regular tropical fare?

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Well what about classics

Cuba Libra Rum, Coke and a wedge of Lime

Pina Colada - home Made Rum, Coconut Milk and Fresh pineaple all crushed up

General variations on a theme

Here is my homemade one -- Mango Concentrate, Yoghurt and Rum -or Tequila - all mixed up in ablender with ice

Vodka and Orange with a splash of Cointreau

• Soledad
    Soledad

Are you familiar with Peruvian pisco? It's a spirit made from grape, tastes a little like white rum.

My favorite "fruity" cocktail is made with pisco, cranberry juice, seltzer water and fresh squeezed lime. I call it a "Piscopolitan."

• carla
    carla

don't forget a good Cosmo! gotta have some of those! Lot's of new kinds of martini's as well. Sounds like you need to go and do some research! I'll go get started mixing. A bit short on supplies, in fact I may have to find out how vodka and juice boxes mix. Always willing to lend a hand to serious research!

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

misspeaches . . .you got it honey;Long Island Iced Teas; dem suckas de bes' dey is . . .course you'll find me all passed out and everything after 3 or 4 of 'em !

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

Grrrrr like a tiger, tigerman. Dat’s what I be does doin when I’s be havin even one of dese beaudys!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit