Just got visited by Bethelites

by What-A-Coincidence 11 Replies latest jw friends

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

No shock value here - they just mentioned that many Bethelites have already received their new assignment. Also, that some got assigned to special pioneering (have fun guys!!!) One said that Ralph Walls gave a talk to the brothers to remain focused on their work.

I can't wait till we hear about former Bethelites. Hopefully they will come here. If you do, please join us, come to the "Dark Side" . I was at The House for almost 10 years, I enjoyed it, no regrets, life goes on.

WAC - Former full-time member of "The House that Jaracz maintains" class

If you are a current Bethelite please chime in and let us know how you feel about the latest news coming from Bethel.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

This needs posting on the thread where a sceptic was saying Bethel Downsizing was all rumors

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

I hope to hear from some. I would like to get real numbers on how many actually got the pink slip.

• TopHat
    TopHat
    No shock value here - they just mentioned that many Bethelites have already received their new assignment. Also, that some got assigned to special pioneering

Will the WTS still provide for thier meals and living space? After-all, it is an assignment by the organization. OR do they expect the special pioneers to find an outside job?

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

At least 500 will be going, as many as 1,500

They will recieve money for housing and provided health insurance.

OC

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence
    At least 500 will be going, as many as 1,500

OC

I am assuming only the special pioneers right? This sounds odd. What about the ones that are already serving in that capacity? Damm! I should have stayed longer to receive these benefits!!!

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE

Where did you hear this from? The bethel "layoff's" are definitely not rumors as I have spoken on the phone to a bethelite and he told me all about it. What I find odd is why dont they send a letter to the elders at least informing them of this trend so they can encourage the youngsters to pioneer instead of applying for bethel. My guess is that the WTS doesnt want to remove that carrot away from people. So what happens is some of the young ones will still pioneer and may apply to bethel anyway, then they can pick and choose which slave they need at that particular time.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

It always makes me cringe when i hear a young one talking about applying to bethel. This makes it more so. I know they won't be accepted. And they will think it's god's direction. It will crush them.

• jambon1
    jambon1

Can someone enlighten me?

Is the bethel in US downsizing? If so how many?

Sorry I`m new here.

PS - thought it was a job for life????????

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Yes. Most def. How many? >1000. For life? Yep, until 2000 when Branch Committee took over and decided to revamp bethel.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit