If the society says jump...................you say

by wannaexit 30 Replies latest jw friends

• damselfly
    damselfly
    He said that years ago when the society said "jump" the brothers would respond "how high?

Now when the society says "jump" the brothers ask "why"?

This is supposed to be a bad thing?

Dams

• jojochan
    jojochan
    This is supposed to be a bad thing?

YES, because it includes brain activity.

jojochan.

• undercover
    undercover

If the society says jump...........you say:

"Go f&*k yourself"

• blondie
    blondie

The Bereans didn't "jump"

Acts 17:11

They were treated a lot better there than in Thessalonica. The Jews received Paul's message with enthusiasm and met with him daily, examining the Scriptures to see if they supported what he said.

• DigitalFokus
    DigitalFokus
    If the society says jump...................you say

F U

• Brigid
    Brigid

Hey, that's what I said, Blondie!

Exactly! We were taught as JWs to tell people that their very lives depended upon them questioning and thinking critically about their religions. Why would that stop dead when one became a witness? In fact, it was this method of thinking critically that they taught me that caused me to exit the org.

~Brigid

• atypical
    atypical

I say......."I'm Rick James, b*tch!!!"

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

When the society, in the person of the elders, told me to jump, I did. I jumped out of the society, and I won't be jumping back!

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Thanks to all for all your comments.

I am going to admit that in the past when the society said "jump" I jumped as high as I could.

When the pioneer hours were 100 a month, I always tried to do more. That went for everything else.

I have stopped jumping for them. This tells me that there is hope for those who give 100% to the org.

Many of my generation have stopped jumping for them too. The next generation of JW will not adhere loyally either.

My children are not as gullible as I was. This is because critical thinking is taught in the school from JK and on.

The next generation of critical thinkers will not put up with this cult and will not be as gullible as some of us were.

The next generation of Jw kids may be the society's demise.

wanna

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka
    Well the C.O was visiting the congregation a few weeks ago and he made an interesting comment.

He said that years ago when the society said "jump" the brothers would respond "how high?

Now when the society says "jump" the brothers ask "why"?

This tells me that the walls of this spiritual paradise are cracking and that many are not willing to put up with all the crap that jw's of the past did.

What do you think?

I think I like the sound of that!! I think that it means that more WTS drones are finally starting to think for themselves.

-Becka :)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit