If the society says jump...................you say

by wannaexit 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

Well the C.O was visiting the congregation a few weeks ago and he made an interesting comment.

He said that years ago when the society said "jump" the brothers would respond "how high?

Now when the society says "jump" the brothers ask "why"?

This tells me that the walls of this spiritual paradise are cracking and that many are not willing to put up with all the crap that jw's of the past did.

What do you think?

• Legolas
    Legolas
    This tells me that the walls of this spiritual paradise are cracking and that many are not willing to put up with all the crap that jw's of the past did.

I agree.

So they are trying to nip it in the butt now...with probably more guilt trips for people!

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

When i was in bethel the saying was a little different. When bethel first started it was Jump out the window.

Answer was, "wheeeeee!!"

Then the answer became, "show me that in the watchtower... ok wheeee!!!"

Then the answer became, "show me that in the bible... ok wheeeee!!!"

Now it's, "I don't see how that applies...."

• 4JWY
    4JWY

I would say:

"You go first!"

• anewme
    anewme

"Huh???"

"You talkin to me? YOU talkin to me? You talkin to ME?"

• kittyeatzjdubs
    kittyeatzjdubs

''Only if you give me your parachute.''

luv, jojo

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Kiss my ........backside!

• unique1
    unique1

The question gave me a mental image of some body tackling a member of the GB. Kind of like that beer commercial from the superbowl where the girl gets the ball and gets tackled by some lunatic. Made me laugh.

I certainly hope everyone questions everything. It is how we get to the REAL truth.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    If the society says jump...................you say

You first.

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

yeah see, i heard this crap different. i had this co who said once that when the society asks us to jump we don't even ask how high, we jump as high as possible

wanna hear the worst part? i completely and totally bought into it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit