I am STUNNED......

by Frannie Banannie 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I just got a call from the Social Security office.

Now......these people sent me a letter of denial of SSI even before their doctors examined me a coupla weeks ago, so I couldn't imagine why they would be calling me.

At first I thought she was telling me that they'd mistakenly sent out the denial letter to me, but that wasn't it.

She called to tell me that they're going to make SSI "presumptive payments" to me beginning March 1st.......PLUS.....I get Medicaid, TOO. (x 3)

The first words out of my mouth were, "yer kiddin, right?"

But she wasn't kiddin'...........

I thought I was gonna hafta fight tooth and toenail for this......but the fact that they're making presumptive payments and pushing the medicaid thru means they already know I will qualify.

Frannie (of the happy dance class)

• Legolas
  • AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Hooray! :-)

Dave

• bebu
    bebu

Wonderful news! Congratulations!

bebu

• anewme
    anewme

Congratulations Frannie! It is such a fight to get help sometimes these days. Glad you are getting it.

• luna2
    luna2

Excellent news, Frannie!

• mrsjones5
  • Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

woo hoo, Frannie!!! Good for you!!!

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Thank you all! I'm really amazed! I only put in my application last month! To me, this is unprecedented.

Thanks to all the good advice I recv'd from other posters who've fought the fight and won!

Here's a link to show a little appreciation to yall: http://clarako.com/I_Like_You.swf Hugs, Frannie

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy

Usually the case is that you have to appeal and appeal and wait for forever for them to drag their feet and then they would hope you would give up; however if you dont, they have to give you back pay from the time you applied for SSI so I guess they are just going to just pay up instead of having to come up with all of it at once once you are approved.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit