I am STUNNED......

by Frannie Banannie 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

Congratulations!!!

Let's Party.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Frannie..are they going back 3 months?..

When hubby went of disability they made a determination almost immediately.

We got a letter saying they were even backdating it for 6 months. That meant we got a back check for 6 months worth of payments plus they started the reg. disability payment the next month.

I am now receiving MY regular SS payments (I'm 64 this year) but when ever I decide to I can collect his disability amount on SS. I am trying to hold out until I am 65 so I can collect the full amount he was receiving.

I was really surprised when they told me that because usually a wife can only collect half of what her husband collects.

It seems like they just pick and choose who will get disability .

So that is really great that you can collect. I bet you are relieved and happy to get a little help.I know we were.

Snoozy Q..

• prophecor
    prophecor

Darn Good News Frannie. Grace is a Mother, ain't it?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie
    Frannie that’s great. What a relief that must be for you… I hope that it continues to all work out fabulously

Thanks, MissPeaches! Yes, it is. I hope so, too!

Ah yes, the "Happy, Happy, Joy, Joy" song. It's from the cartoon "Ren and Stimpy". It's a funny in a weird way cartoon. Here's one of the lines from the cartoon:

Ren: "You know how many other men tried to impregnate that barren wasteland [Stimpy]? There's de milkman ... de mailman ... de refrigerator repair man ... dat Jehovah's Witness bastard!"Stimpy: "Don't forget about that Boy-scout troupe!"

Ren: "Dat's right! Not even those strapping young lads could seed dat soil! It took a REAL MAN to put a brat in dere! Yep, my bullets were firing dat day!

OMG, MsMcDucket! That's so funny!

That's great news Frannie, congratulations!!

Yes! Thank you, fullofdoubtnow!

Congratulations. Does'nt sound like government you must be special.

Thanks, Ferret! I think they must have streamlined the process in recent years.

Medicaid......does that mean you get free health insurance? If so, that's fantastic, as I know health care in the States costs an arm and a leg.........

Yes, that's what it means, Mary. Yes, at least now I can get medical treatment, something for which I've waited more than a decade.

I get DLA benefit, and every time I have to battle for it. It's ridiculous, last time I got to the tribunal they said they were giving it me without even speaking to me (I was so happy!), but that they would debate how long I'd get it for. I asked for a longer award and they said they'd consider it. So after waiting in the waiting room they tell me I can have it for 2 years (the minimum) because I might get better (If I did, I'd cancel my claim and get a job!)... now it's coming up to me having to renew my claim and I'm stressing out!

So anyway, I know how relieved you must feel!

Glitter, I had a friend who went for review to renew her disability claim. I went with her to her doctor's appointment for re-examination AND to the appeals hearing and was able to verify her disability (she's totally deaf in one ear, going deaf in the other ear and has balance problems). The doctor didn't even perform all the physical exam that he should have. He was just being paid by them to deny her, so I witnessed his negligence and offhand manner during the appointment and was able to testify to it at the hearing. It might be wise to take someone along with you who can validate your claim.......and YES! I'm somewhat relieved.

Go Frannie Go.

Oh by the way, may I have the this dance????? ( Get down tonight is playing )

Yeahhhhhhhh......I used to LOVE to dance to that tune, Ironclaw!

So glad to hear of your good luck--oops I mean fortune.

Luck, fortune, blessings.....all the same. Thank you, Kazar.

Well, seems that there still exists good news.

Congrats, Frannie!!!
    Good news, Frannie!!!!
    Congratulations!!!

Let's Party.

Thank you SO much, Kenneson, Serendipity, Cellist & Honesty!

Frannie..are they going back 3 months?..

When hubby went of disability they made a determination almost immediately.

We got a letter saying they were even backdating it for 6 months. That meant we got a back check for 6 months worth of payments plus they started the reg. disability payment the next month.

I am now receiving MY regular SS payments (I'm 64 this year) but when ever I decide to I can collect his disability amount on SS. I am trying to hold out until I am 65 so I can collect the full amount he was receiving.

I was really surprised when they told me that because usually a wife can only collect half of what her husband collects.

It seems like they just pick and choose who will get disability .

So that is really great that you can collect. I bet you are relieved and happy to get a little help.I know we were.

I don't think so, Snoozy. I spoke with a benefits consultant later yesterday and she said that these "presumptive payments" and the Medicaid benefits are so I can get the medical validation that I need to provide Soc. Sec. with the evidence that I have a valid claim. However.....I am reassured that I haven't been guilty of premature articulation, because she also said that they don't usually make presumptive payments unless they have enough clues that they're probably gonna have to pay on the claim anyway.

Darn Good News Frannie. Grace is a Mother, ain't it?
    You betcha, Prophecor!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit