Going to the Circuit Ass this weekend

by XBEHERE 37 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

Use your picture phone and post pictures on the board for us.

• Soledad
    Soledad
    Why not attempt to be positive. Regardless of the speaker, the scriptures being read are still God's word.

Then why not read the word of God from the comfort of your own home?

• Honesty
    Honesty

Welcome to JWD, Justitia!!!

Why not attempt to be positive. Regardless of the speaker, the scriptures being read are still God's word.

Only if they aren't being twisted from the apostate New World Translation.

• XBEHERE
    XBEHERE
    Keep track of the number of times "guilt" and/or "fear" is used to:

Java this would mean I would have to pay attention to the whole freaking program then! I decided to go with the cell phone/internet/game thing and the walking around with my kid even though he is older bit.

• luna2
    luna2

I'm not sure what's happened to me, but I think about having to go to one of these things and I can almost feel the migraine coming on. I have no patience for putting up with things I don't want to do any more. I've become horribly self-indulgent over the past few years and that's the way I like it! LOL

I think if I felt I absolutely had to go, I'd bring a novel to read. I'd also make sure I brought plenty to drink and a variety of snacks. I'd be sure to take frequent bathroom breaks during the various parts...would have to remember to sit in an aisle seat for ease of movement. If the weather allowed, I'd also get up and do a few laps around the facility several times during the day. An MP3 player with earphones might also be helpful in passing the time. Maybe bringing some blank paper and pencils for drawing pictures of the speakers and fellow captives might be enjoyable.

Good luck to all those who are attending this stuff. You have my sincere sympathy! I guess there's always dinner at a nice restaurant to look forward to after the session.

• Brigid
    Brigid

It's hard to even imagine sitting there anymore. Hours of your life....gone. I'm so far removed mentally and spiritually from that obligatory worship space. Good luck to those that are going. I just feel sorry for the kids. I know my mother always turned into a maniacal she-beast before these gatherings of the happiest people on earth. Only to be made even worse when she was "guilted" from the platform about "not doing enough" "not having good enough kids"...boy, would we feel the brunt of that back at the flea bag motels!

OMG, that just reminded me of something else I got from the Organization. Now, whenever I go on vacations or business trips, I have to stay in Hotels (not motels)--if there is not a bell boy for my luggage and if I have to drive up, it's an overnight Sonic drive-in, imo. If possible, I actually rent a private condominium for my stay (ebay has great deals for people trying to rent time-shares).

I just spent too many assemblies in flea bag motels by truck stops that went all night. Now that I'm out of the organization, I can afford better (I did my time, scrubbing toilets with my mom), now I've VASTLY improved my life so I live it to the fullest and purchase the best that money can buy (from my HARD earned efforts).

Have fun guys!
    ~Brigid

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Dear Willyloman:

What you refuse to eat can not kill you. If you do not care for what the brother is saying, you have the choice to stop listening. During such times, I simply start reading the Bible. Rather than being killed, I have found the most interesting tidbits during such moments. Before you know it, the brother is done!

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

Dear Soledad:

I do read the Bible from the comfort of my home. And sometimes I read the Koran. And sometimes I read the Book of Mormon, etc., etc.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit