Fluff - How old do you feel??

by Super_Becka 25 Replies latest jw friends

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

I feel in my 30s though I know I am in my 40s

• Jez
    Jez

How can you know what it would feel like to be older when you have never been older?

How can you 'experience' an age that you have yet to experience?

How do you know that your definition of age "20" or "30" or "90" is the same as the next persons?

Memory is selective therefore how can you trust your memory of what it was like to be "20"?

Every person's life is unique, therefore so is age. My age "20" could have been alot worse than my age "30".

How can you sweep and generalize any age without pause and reflection on what 'age' actually means?

How do you know that your perceptions of one age being somehow better is true for everyone?

How can I 'feel' an age when I am what I am right now?

What is my age 'suppose' to feel like? What do I use to gauge whether or not I am 'feeling' my age?

Living in the moment is the only way to go.

Whew, that was exhausting. Jez

• Seeking Knowledge
    Seeking Knowledge

I don't feel a day over 33...!!

SK

• serendipity
    serendipity

Finally Free, take care of yourself.

Even though I'm 42, I feel 29 many days, except when I'm sick. Then I feel 90.

• Jez
    Jez

Oh yah, and every age has its positives and negatives.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Since ridding myself of the burden of being a jw, I feel a lot younger and more energetic than I have been in years. I am 46, and up till recently felt it. Now I feel, and sometimes act, so I am told, more like I am 20 something.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit