Fluff - How old do you feel??

by Super_Becka 25 Replies latest jw friends

• Super_Becka
    Super_Becka

DigitalFokus has a thread going for how old you actually are, but my question is, how old do you feel??

You don't have to say how old you are, just how old you feel (and maybe whether that's younger or older than you are), and I'd like to know why you feel that age. I'm just curious because personally, I don't feel my age and I was wondering how many of my fellow JWDers don't feel their age.

I'll start:

As you can see, I'm 20 years old, nearly 21, but I actually feel like I'm about 12 years old most of the time. That might be because my parents have a nasty habit of treating me like I'm still a little girl who's incapable of looking after herself, but it's also because I still feel really young at heart. I still like to do a lot of the things that younger people do, I like amusement parks and Nintendo games and teddy bears and candy and chocolate and birthday parties and Christmas morning and summer and kittens and the zoo and cartoons and Disney movies and board-games and jigsaw puzzles (ooo, and 3D puzzles, too, those are great) and pestering my brother, all of the same things I liked when I was little. I also don't feel like I'm old enough to go to bars or drink, though I don't find those things especially interesting anyway, so I don't bother with them. I don't feel old enough to do lots of the things that "grown-ups" do, so I just don't do them.

I guess that mentally, I'm just not growing up as fast as some people. Sure, I can be mature when I need to be and I can behave like an adult, but on the inside, I'm still a scared, nervous little 12-year-old who only wants to read lots of good books, watch a lot of cartoons, play Nintendo, eat candy when I'm not supposed to and tease my brother.

It also doesn't help that, physically, I'm not much different now than I was when I was 12, just a little curvier and taller and thinner, I still look mostly the same, compared to other kids that I grew up with who look nothing like they did when they were 12. I still even wear the same clothing sizes that I did back then!! My very-curvy best friend teases me to no end about my lack of physical "blossoming", we'll say. I tease her right back, because at this rate, when we're both 40, she'll look 40, and I'll still look 12.

So how about you, how old do you feel??

-Becka :)

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

At this moment I feel like I'm 90. I fell down a flight of concrete stairs yesterday and I'm feeling pretty sore right now.

W

• Ellie
    Ellie

Becka, you sound like a fun sort of girl, I like all those things too, I'm mad about children's TV past and present and children's books too, so I guess I feel about 15, and many people have said I look about 15 too, although I'm scarily 26.

• Brigid
    Brigid

I feel timeless. I know it sounds lame but truly, there are times when I'm in touch with my inner 17-year old (giggly and girlish and needy of outside validation--am I pretty? Did I do this right? Can you just hold me and tell me it's going to be okay even if it's not?). There are other times when I feel my biological age (effectively 36--motherly, nurturing, lusty and powerful--There, there, everything's going to be okay, lay your head in my lap, let me stroke your brow until you feel better). And still many times when I feel like a very wise very very old woman (the answers you seek lay within).

I know I ramble and wax poetic and philosophic even on fluff, but hey, here I can do it!

Love and Light,

~Brigid the Eternal

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I actually feel 25 and I look like I'm 35 and people don't believe me when I say I'm 40

Josie ~ still rocks out to Nirvana and Foo Fighters

• lola28
    lola28

I feel like I'm 12 and I sound like I"m 12 as well,

"I don't wanna grow up I"m a........."

lola

• JH
    JH

At 30, I felt like 20

At 40, I felt like 25

Now, I feel like 28

How old am I ?

corrected

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I see a pattern:

30-20=10

40-25=15

? - 38= ?

I think the first number is 58 and the second number is 20, but I could be wrong.

Josie

• JH
    JH

I corrected my numbers mrsjones....

• Chimene
    Chimene

After only 1 year of being out of Jdubb hell for almost ten years, I feel like I'm 60 and on the verge of death half the time

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit