Did I Miss Something?

by MerryMagdalene 19 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Ezra:If all the "kingdom" is about is preaching about the kindgom, then isn't that a pretty empty vicious circle?

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

Think of how much your religious values have shaped your emotions—the joy you experience at Christian meetings, the thrill of sharing the Bible’s message with a receptive person, the pleasure of studying the Bible itself. Can an unbeliever possibly grasp—much less share—such feelings? Hardly.

Lets see if I get this straight.

• Joy at christian meetings---are they kidding?
    • The trill of sharing bibles message ---- As long as its the BIBLE's message and not the WT version.
    • The Pleasure of studying the bible ITSELF!!!--- Did I read this right????? I thought the WT said you cant understand the bible by itself. You need their help to understand it.
    • Can an unbeliever grasp, share such feelings --- With the Holy Spirit and just the Bible, I must answer: Yes they can.

The Claw of the "I dont need you to understand my bible class"

• Balsam
    Balsam

Joy, pleasure, and thrill associated with being JW. LOL LOL LOL that is pure nonsense. LOL

• BadPammie
    BadPammie

BadPammie <---laughing, coughing, just wasted a good lung full of medical grade. THANX MERRY

• BadPammie
    BadPammie
    if you study for the sake of studying it will never mean anything to you,you have to want to understand his word,you have to have a sincere desire to help others,these things can not come from study but motivation to want something better than satans world

Yes one can make themselves believe just about anything if they think about it hard enough.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Right, the one of the key thing missing from that religion! Give me a break.

I am happy now!! Happy happy joy joy!! (Ha, Ren and Stimpy)

Sherry

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

I honestly believe they publish stuff like this to fool their followers into believing that it is possible. Then when the followers don’t experience this ‘happiness’ they feel they have failed. Must work harder… Do more Do more Do more…

To me it’s a strategy on their part.

• kid-A
    kid-A

There are 5 Joys, Thrills or pleasures possible as a JW:

1) When the sunday meeting ends.

2) When the Service meeting ends.

3) When the convention ends.

4) When the meeting is cancelled due to a blizzard.

5) When you have successfully faded away..........

• Hannah
    Hannah

Just another way of laying a BIG guilt trip on you if you don't have those feelings.

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

The joy of sitting in a chair for two hours. The excitement of raising your hand. The pleasure of bothering uninterested people. Yep, that magazine hits the nail right on the head.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit