Am I only encouraging JWs?

by kristyann 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Chimene
    Chimene

Slick misspeaches! I love it! Great idea!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Try this:

With a black sharpie write in big letter across the front: EXAMPLE OF CULT PROPAGANDA. Then put it back where you found it. lisa

• undercover
    undercover

Why do anything? Do you pull out everything else from all other groups that you don't agree with?

Yea, seeing the mags is annoying but so is seeing PETA phamplets in similar situations, but I don't take the time to counter-attack by taking everything they leave laying around and throwing it away. I've got better things to do with my time than worry about what a bunch of whackos leave laying around.

Just my .02

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5
    With a black sharpie write in big letter across the front: EXAMPLE OF CULT PROPAGANDA. Then put it back where you found it.

I do that and usually add the silent lambs website too.

Josie

• carla
    carla

I agree!! Put some stickers on them with a warning about cult reading material. Also, you could print off a few anti witness literature from Silentlambs or Rebel has a nice one pager too! I'm up to 525 now in my 'placements'! Haven't hit the laundromats though, sound like a hang out for dubs or something! I will one of these days. Next on my agenda I guess.

• still angry
    still angry

Definitely keep throwing them out...they'll get the point eventually. When the JW that keeps leaving them is checking back and they're always gone, they'll get the point. They can be dense but not usually totally stupid; people aren't milling around in laundromats looking for Awake.

Or jsut change the title to read Asleep!

• FreedomFrog
    FreedomFrog
    Why do anything? Do you pull out everything else from all other groups that you don't agree with?

Yea, seeing the mags is annoying but so is seeing PETA phamplets in similar situations, but I don't take the time to counter-attack by taking everything they leave laying around and throwing it away. I've got better things to do with my time than worry about what a bunch of whackos leave laying around.

Just my .02

Well, if you have a "mission" in life for making the actual truth to be known, and you have tried other ways "warning" others...I can see doing it. Now, I'm lazy, but I think it's a brilliant idea. I will tell anyone that I meet that seems to not think there is anything "wrong" with JW's how I was one and how I'm not anymore and why. I have saved so much info when I was going through my search that I keep, just in case I run across someone that is thinking about becoming trapped in the cult.

Since I'm a bird behaviorist...my personal "mission" would be informing ones with birds. So, if I saw a mag. flier or such, flat out lie on how to take care of parrots...I'd cross it out and add the true info and direction on where to go and get the correct information.

• carla
    carla

Just my .02

Why do anything? I guess warning people that this is a destructive cult responsible for the deaths of many, a pedophile paradise, the destruction of families, and on and on is just a slightly different group than PETA. Does PETA claim to speak for God? If you choose not to listen to PETA do they tell you you will be destroyed? Do they tell you how to do every minute thing in your life? No, I think PETA is a bit different than the cult of the jw's.

Besides, People have always Eaten Tasty Animals!

• rebel8
    rebel8

I found some mags last wk in a waiting room. I threw them in the garbage but made sure to put them in the bottom of the can and poured a few glasses of water on top to ensure they wouldn't be retrieved. I also have many brochures I've designed and sometimes I'll stick it inside the mags I find.

I have been leaving Silent Lambs stuff around and have noticed in one place someone immediately removes them. The only thing I left there was a business card that says "protect children www.silentlambs.org". No matter how many I leave they are immediately removed. I'm thinking it's a dub who works there. Now I'm trying to think of a different card to leave that is more incognito so he/she won't recognize and remove it.

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

What exactly is the silent lamb? I don't think I have ever heard of that until I came to JWD...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit