Americans need to grow up

by slimboyfat 43 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
    rebel8

collegegurl, I think some (ignorant) ppl think of cowboys as the last bastion of male heterosexuality.....what is going through their minds is, "If a cowboy could be gay, that means.......oh horror........anyone could be gay!"

I am remembering the shock when ppl found out Rock Hudson was gay. It caused fear to strike everywhere. I mean, if you cannot tell a guy is gay by looking at him, how can you protect yourself from catching it?

(That is what they are thinking, not me. Even though I am a suburbanite with an obvious lack of knowledge about cows and rodeos, LOL.)

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    Sorry, but it's a loud, vocal majority. Last years election proved that.

I think everything slimboyfat said is accurate. That's how America is perceived, because that's how most Americans feel.

Uh no. A small number of Americans even bother to vote. GW won by a tiny amount of voters, IF he did win at all. That is debatable. Ask the Ohio County were hundreds more votes were counted for Bush than there were actual people (of all ages) living in that county. That's just one example of fraudulent results in Bush's favor. But that's a subject already thoroughly discussed here on JWD after the elections.

You cannot judge how most Americans feel based on election results or on Fox news. CNN isn't really very liberal either. Look at GW's approval rating, by the way. He's far under a 50 % approval rating.

The views stated in the first post on this thread are those of a very loud, extreme right wing minority.

• Collegegurl
    Collegegurl

If you want fair and balanced reporting don't watch Fox. Most Americans don't really care that much about Brokeback Mountain. It's doing alright at the box office, not everyone approves but we aren't protesting and burning buildings. A very small minority is the majority of the noise.

by the way

rebel8

collegegurl, I think some (ignorant) ppl think of cowboys as the last bastion of male heterosexuality.....what is going through their minds is, "If a cowboy could be gay, that means.......oh horror........anyone could be gay!" ;

I think you meant collegegirl21 not collegegurl(thats me)

~Collegegurl

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

CollegeGrrrls all look alike, to Americans.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Looks like another hit and run trolling from SBF...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Yeah, thanks a lot "Little Toe" - am I allowed to sleep? Have you got something against me? I don't have anything against you.

I know Americans are a great mixture, and that as well as comprising a frighteningly illiberal and hawkish ruling class at the moment, there are also many of the most liberal and progessive groups as well as individual thinkers in the western world.

It is just that over the past few years of watching Fox News I have gone through stages of amusement to serious concern for our Atlantic friends.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Sleep? WTF do you want to sleep for? It only allows the sleep-faeries to put crumby stuff in your eyes!

I have to confess that when I've been Stateside I was concerned at the level of overt propaganda on the various News channels, that I watched. At least ours is subliminal

As for the other matter, you have to confess that you have a pretty good ratio of inflammatory posts - don't make me get out the soft cushion!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat
    As for the other matter, you have to confess that you have a pretty good ratio of inflammatory posts - don't make me get out the soft cushion!

Indulge me.

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Oh, I see, I see - you want the comfy chair as well, do you!!!!

Don't make me break out the lovely red uniforms!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I am not forgetting you tried to drown me, by the way.

But as I say, I don't hold it against you.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit