Do you like wearing jewellery and expensive rings & watches?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I never did like wearing a ring, or anything around my neck.

I have an ordinary timex 30$ watch, and that's enough for me. I like it simple for me anyways...

How about you?

• slugga
    slugga

No I don't either, but i think thats a hang over from my "Don't be a materialistic jerk" dub days

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I wear only what I can afford - which at this moment ain't much

• Andy C
    Andy C

Rings and watches are fine. For the last several years I have carried a pocket watch. Yeasr ago I wore a braclett

• JH
    JH
  • deeskis
    deeskis
    Rings on her fingers and bells on her toes, she shall have music wherever she goes!

I love my rings..........

• Undecided
    Undecided

I think like you JH. I have several watches that I have accumlated over the years, none expensive, just use them to get the time, day, and date. Can't keep up with the days of the week, it goes too fast lately.

Ken P.

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

I've had two rings but just didn't get on with them so prefer not to these days. As for watches - yes I like them, though currently i'm using my (home strap repaired) £5 digital one. Its quite good in that it has a blue light to see in the dark and seems water proof! My ultimate watch is an Omega Seamaster.

CS 101

• slugga
    slugga

http://www.blitzwatches.co.uk/products_new.asp?subname=Seamaster%20&gsubcat=42&sex=0&type=14

Bloody hell how much ? ! ?

I could take an entire African village for a slap up meal in a top London restaurant for months for what that watch would cost.

Ok, slight exaggeration but think of the good you could do with that money rather that wasting it on a watch.

• daystar
    daystar

A decent watch is a must for me. I'm not talking about a $300+ watch, which, to me, would not be entirely unreasonable, but wearing something that costs less than $100 does tend to bother me.

Right now, I wear a relatively low-end ESQ swiss Oceania which cost about $120.

Every once in a while I will wear this one ring that is meaningful to me. And I will on occasion wear some pendant or other that makes me feel a certain way, depending upon where I'm going and what mood I'm in.

I never wear anything of gold, it's always silver, although I would wear platinum if I cared to spend that much.

There are two things on a man that will tell a person where he stands socially and financially: his watch and his shoes, everything else is just a tweak.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit