Do you like wearing jewellery and expensive rings & watches?

by JH 29 Replies latest jw friends

• daystar
    daystar
    Ok, slight exaggeration but think of the good you could do with that money rather that wasting it on a watch.

Yeah, but the more a person can afford to buy such items, the better prepared they are to give back to the community. So, I don't begrudge such purchases.

What I have a problem with is when a person clearly cannot really afford such an item, but so deperately want to appear "rich", that they will buy something like that and then feed their kids Ramen noodles.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Diamonds are a girls best friend!

I don't wear too much jewelry and tend to stay with classic pieces. Diamond stud earing's go with just about everything as do gold or silver hoops. Diamond pendant on a nice gold or silver chain do me just fine.

I also really , really , really love my hubby who just this Valentine's Day/my b-day prezzie too up graded my diamond on my engagement ring for a 1/2 CT. Marquise cut diamond! It's gorgeous!

blingbling

And there's really nothing wrong with wearing a nice watch to complete the look in gold, silver with diamonds of course.

• damselfly
    damselfly

I don't wear rings much because of my job ( RMT ), I don't own a watch.

I do wear a neckalace at all times, just a simple silver chain with a pendant. I love amber and turquise so I have assorted ones that I wear. My favorite is a little amber and silver ladybug.

Diamonds don't do it for me at all, I can't see myself ever wearing them. Like Daystar I don't like gold, but I would wear platinum.

Dams

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

I wear very little jewelry and I don't have a watch.

I have 2 old family rings--one is gold with three tiny pearls and has an inscription inside the band dated 1879, the other is gold and lapiz lazuli. My grandmother (deceased now) said she wanted to give me her wedding set but wouldn't unless I got reinstated.

I have 2 necklaces--one of driftwood beads with a staurolite pendant, the other of wool yarn and sculpey beads.

I used to have a bracelet of braided elephant hair but it came apart when I wore it swimming.

I'm not drawn to most expensive jewelry at all. I just like things that have some sort of personal meaning.

~Merry

• tweety
    tweety
    Diamonds are a girls best friend!

I do wear a lot of jewelery. (Only because my husband has very fine taste in diamonds, pearls and gold.) On my left hand is 3 ct and I am wearing my diamond studs today. For some dumb reason, I put them on yesterday to go shopping and didn't take them off last night. I don't wear them everyday, but always have some earings on.

I'm not going to say how much my watch is, but I do wear that everyday! My husbands ex-mother-in-law saw me wearing it and said to me that I shouldn't wearing it everyday. Why not?

I don't like sterling silver, but I do have some pieces. Pearls is another piece of jewelery that you can't wear to often.

One thing that I don't like to see is a women wearing 20 or more gold braclets on one wrist. Way to much!

Tweety

• G Money
    G Money

I wear nothing, no jewellery that is. No watch either as my cell phone doubles as a watch. Also safer to not be flashy especially when in 3rd world countries and on adventures.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No - I wear a cheap digital watch - about 11 dollars from WalMart and that is all - do not even wear a wedding ring

• greendawn
    greendawn

No I don't like showing off, never had rings or any Jewellery and I just use a casio watch that also shows the temperature and atmospheric pressure.

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

see, im all about the accessories... i love my rings, wear three of them... and my watch and my necklaces... oooh baby, and my belt buckles... damn, if you could see my collection of belt buckles, u would sleep with me right away!!! ha ha

the infamous one

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    I wear nothing, no jewellery that is.

Whew, you had me worried for a second there...

I don't wear too much jewelery, but my watch has to be waterproof because I have my hands in water so much and I don't want to be worried about ruining a watch because I got it wet. Once I have a good watch, though, I can have it forever....

GGG

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit