Victims

by rimbaudbunuel 20 Replies latest jw friends

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

I recently told them I felt sorry for them because they have wasted their whole lives in this religion. My father pushed me physically out of the room and told me I was a horrible apostate, and I am fulfilling bible prophecy by ridiculing him.

Jonathan

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene
    I am the slave of my baptism. Parents, you have caused my misfortune, and you have caused your own. --Arthur Rimbaud

Seemed appropriate somehow.

(((((Jonathan)))))

~Merry

• slugga
    slugga

I know it feels a shity time for you, but your not alone in this, there are other people hear that will listen if you want to blow some steam and rant and rave and you're bound to find someone thats been through the same shit.

• rimbaudbunuel
    rimbaudbunuel

hahahha - thanks for that merrymagdalene. That made me smile. From "Night in Hell" right? beautiful. Thanks :-) Jonathan

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Glad I could make you smile. Stick around...you'll find that happening a lot here...along with tears, outrage, and laughing so hard you spit what you're drinking on the screen.

~Merry

• ferret
    ferret

I definitely feel I was a victim for 40 yrs. I was raised a witness and knew nothing else. In 1975 I began thinking for myself and got df'd in 1980. I sure wish this web sight was around then. Thanks slugga for the tip on editing a post, it works.

• Country Girl
    Country Girl

Rim:

Someday, they *will* pay for this. The law of Karma is the law that I respect alot!

CG

• LDH
    LDH

Rim,

I'm 37, and except for the difference of a few years, our lives were paralleled. I didn't realize there were so many "young ones" who were still walking this path of dropping out and pioneering... What's pathetic is that many many adults can't recognize that this is 20 years later and we're still not a step closer to the Big A.

I'm in Fresno if you ever need to talk. PM me.

It's a good thing to see you here.

Lisa

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

Hey bud, welcome to the board! I know that pain too. It's gotten a lot better for me and keeps doing so; life is just brilliant now. Hang in there, try new things, and learn about yourself...

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hi Jonathon

venting can be a good release, there are many people who understand what you are feeling.

Best wishes

D

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit